coship cdvb5668

marshlib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Multichoice and GTV on W4
My Location
ZIMBABWE
hi i have a coship cdvd5668 when i try to access advanced settings it requires and engineering password, where can i get it

zapist

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Multichoice DSD 660
Antena 90 cm
Ku band Intelsat 7/10 (68.5 E) ; GTV (Coship CDVB5668) Eutelsat W3A (7E)
My Location
marshlib said:
hi i have a coship cdvd5668 when i try to access advanced settings it requires and engineering password, where can i get it

Try 1978.What are trying to achieve?

zapist

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Multichoice DSD 660
Antena 90 cm
Ku band Intelsat 7/10 (68.5 E) ; GTV (Coship CDVB5668) Eutelsat W3A (7E)
My Location
Marshlib, did the code above resolved your question?

j2katele

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
computer connected to a cdvb5668 via a digital cable into the TV card
My Location
Namibia
i need to configure it to view free channel since the GTV company is no longer operational and i dont want to stay with a hardware for nothing

j2katele

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Namibia
thanos1966 ,
please help me here i need to use the decoder cdvd5668 to be able to view free channel reply to <nomail@nomail.com>

sentongo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GTV (Coship CDVB5668) Eutelsat W3A (7E)
My Location
uganda
j2katele said:
thanos1966 ,
please help me here i need to use the decoder cdvd5668 to be able to view free channel reply to <nomail@nomail.com>

Thank you for trying to find a solution for this problem created by the defunct GTV. I recently bought the same type of equipment (one month ago) and I am now stuck with a useless decoder since the company closed shop recently.

I am also thinking on the same level as you and trying to find ways of changing this now useless decoder to a FTA (free to air) receiver but it seems like only five FTA transponders were initially set up on it and there is no way of adding others using the software that was installed on the decoder. ( currently I can view a few FTA TVs that are not even english speaking).

Is there any kind software one can use to reflash these settings because I can see an R232 port at the back of the decoder that can be connected to a pc running some kind of software.

I at first tried the advanced settings which didn't yield any results but I believe the FTA settings will do the magic.

Any suggestions will highly be appreciated other wise we have been ripped off.

j2katele

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Namibia
<sentongo>

I need the setting you used to get atleast one FTA up and running in the meantime

cogil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat;Intelsat7,10 90cm &amp; 2.4m dish ku &amp; Cband. Eutel W3 and W4 - 90cm
comp;p4 windows xp
My Location
Kenya
j2katele said:
<sentongo>

I need the setting you used to get atleast one FTA up and running in the meantime

Go to settings and Scanning go to FTA.
only the fta has been done that the channels only show if your decoder was left in an operational state to the card.
If your card time expired you could tune but not watch even the FTAs.
This is one thing to get to the software and correct, otherwise the decoder becomes a door stopper.

sentongo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uganda
j2katele said:
<sentongo>

As I said before 6 FTA transponders were initially set up on the decoder by the manufacturers (or GTV I believe) and there is no way of removing these or adding new ones. The problem is that when you scan these you get a couple of FTA stations that broadcast in languages I don't understand.

With all that said if you want to view the stations I am talking about do the following; press the menu key to go the settings screen, navigate to FTA scan and select it by pressing OK(it is at the bottom of the column that has advanced settings), once you are in the FTA scan screen you will see the 6 transponders I am talking about, select all of them by pressing ok as you navigate down (a tick will appear on each as you press ok), after selecting all of them press the scan button(red button on the remote). when the scan is complete you see a least of TV and radio stations which are viewable after exiting settings.

Can some one help us add new stations please, I read some where that you can upgrade the firmware but I have no clue how to do it or what tools (software) to use or where to get it from. Is there a site that provides firmware for a coship CDVB5668 decoder for download?

cogil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
comp;p4 windows xp
My Location
Kenya
sentongo said:
As I said before 6 FTA transponders were initially set up on the decoder by the manufacturers (or GTV I believe) and there is no way of removing these or adding new ones. The problem is that when you scan these you get a couple of FTA stations that broadcast in languages I don't understand.

With all that said if you want to view the stations I am talking about do the following; press the menu key to go the settings screen, navigate to FTA scan and select it by pressing OK(it is at the bottom of the column that has advanced settings), once you are in the FTA scan screen you will see the 6 transponders I am talking about, select all of them by pressing ok as you navigate down (a tick will appear on each as you press ok), after selecting all of them press the scan button(red button on the remote). when the scan is complete you see a least of TV and radio stations which are viewable after exiting settings.

Can some one help us add new stations please, I read some where that you can upgrade the firmware but I have no clue how to do it or what tools (software) to use or where to get it from. Is there a site that provides firmware for a coship CDVB5668 decoder for download?

@sentongo
do this fta channels work for you without the smart card card inserted, or if it wasnt active at G shutdown

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There are rumours CanalSat may be buying the GTV operation.

cogil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
comp;p4 windows xp
My Location
Kenya
Analoguesat said:
Thanks Analoguesat,
Heard some good news on the soccer, that supersport from the coming weekend
will show all the matches that gtv have abandoned.
But hopefully a revival of G would do better for Africa.

sentongo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uganda
cogil said:
@sentongo
do this fta channels work for you without the smart card card inserted, or if it wasnt active at G shutdown

I get the channels only with the card inserted and it was active before that company shutdown (damn, you are giving me bad memories, remember I had paid subscription for 2 months in advance)

sentongo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uganda
Analoguesat said:

Isn't that the company that is controlled by Vivendi? Apparently they tried to acquire GTV but the deal didn't materialise and this is what actually broke the back of GTV, they had no choice but to hang up their boots.

Broadcaster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Broadcaster Headend
Fortec Star
Strong PVR
Homecast
My Location
Africa and UK
Guys we know that the demise of GTV has caused you pain and heartache, however as the decoders require a verifier and an OTA Upgrade to operate on a free to air basis, be patient we are working on a plan to fix and ensure you have TV to watch. Mess with the box and you will not be able to use it ever!

Save your money, wait two weeks and watch the press.

:)

cogil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
comp;p4 windows xp
My Location
Kenya
Broadcaster said:
Guys we know that the demise of GTV has caused you pain and heartache, however as the decoders require a verifier and an OTA Upgrade to operate on a free to air basis, be patient we are working on a plan to fix and ensure you have TV to watch. Mess with the box and you will not be able to use it ever!

Thanks for the consolation,
but which press to be on the look out for the good?

sentongo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uganda
Broadcaster said:

why are you so paranoid now, are you going to charge us for that too? No way, at least I will not be paying.

j2katele

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Namibia
cogil said:
Thanks for the consolation,
but which press to be on the look out for the good?

Please we need a solution that will ease us from this pain, PAYING AGAIN this is out of the picture.

cogil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
comp;p4 windows xp
My Location
Kenya
j2katele said:
Please we need a solution that will ease us from this pain, PAYING AGAIN this is out of the picture.
better have something to pay to, than a box lying around and doing nothing,
and should be reasonable too, better than losing all.
as the other provider is now :D

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Software for changing it to FTA would be most appreciated. I have not found anything that can upgrade the decoder to FTA and probably handle Nagra 2.
So what is the site which has software for upgrading and changing it. I believe since I bought it, I should have use for it on other Satellites and other providers.
Thanx

Boot is back