Crystal Palace

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
I reckon the only serious pionts Iain Dowie will get this season is for two bald tyres and speeding! :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

elgin eagle

Reaction score
Well thats 13 we've got now, so by rights he'll have lost his licence. Shame it's taken me till December to be able to reply to this! :) ({}) :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Yep cos just by luck they managed to beat someone who was having a bad day! :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
P.S an its taken you to December to wait for those few points.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Actually I hope that CP stay up. Firstly, I used to live there. 2, I do like the way they always seem to be popping up in the PL over the last years without having a lot of money...I reckon Dowie will get the job done.
Didn't they hold the best team ever of all times ever to a draw not too long ago?

elgin eagle

Reaction score
I think there are 4 or maybe 5 worse teams than us in the premier league judging from the season so far, and its certainly been sweet to watch Hansen and other so called experts adjusting their opinions from week to week. As long as nobody cripples Andy Johnson or Fitz Hall hopefully we'll continue to be capable of picking points up in most games as the team works very effectively in most games. We have a good manager and fitness coach, and everyone at palace believes Dowie might on his way to incredible success for a 2nd season running as he's created a premier league team in a very short space of time.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
T_G said:
Actually I hope that CP stay up. Firstly, I used to live there. 2, I do like the way they always seem to be popping up in the PL over the last years without having a lot of money...I reckon Dowie will get the job done.
Didn't they hold the best team ever of all times ever to a draw not too long ago?

Aww come on T_G they are managed by an Irish international and when he played for West Ham in the Premy the only goal he scored for them was in his own net!

So what chance have CP got?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
waverider said:
Aww come on T_G they are managed by an Irish international and when he played for West Ham in the Premy the only goal he scored for them was in his own net!

So what chance have CP got?

North Ireland I believe...
In any case, he wasn't a goal scorer, but then you have managers who didn't even play at all....
One thing I remember about him was that he broke his ankle and tried to play on through the pain. So he is not a quitter, he is a fighter and that seems to be rubbing off to his players. And getting palace up to the PL from being almost relegated the season before shows that the man has the ability to get the most out of his players.
Look at how he has turned the season around since the awful beginning. I just have a feeling that he has that special thing that seems to make players want to play for him. We will speak at the end of the season about this, but
it does seem he is going to be one to watch.
Looking at the way some of the teams in the bottom play I really think they deserve to stay up just for their underdog fighting spirit.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
I live in Rochdale and the town next door is Oldham, and if you talk to the fans there.... they are gutted they couldnt keep hold of Dowie.

he was doing really well with a club that was in heavy debt, and he didnt get paid for some of the time he was there.
the feeling was that he was just turning things round at Oldham when he went.

nobody hold it against him either for leaving.... lets face it who would have stayed?? wasnt getting paid, the future of the club looked bad (nearly bankrupt... sorted now by the way) and then his former club come knocking with a better wage etc.

i happen to think he will make things right at CP.... just give him time :)