d-box cn

Reaction score
i know nothing at all about this sort of stuff, so would like to ask a few questions about this box i ve just got.

its a black "d-box", the buttons are behind the flap, underneath it says "d-box cn"

anyways i see it has mp3 / movie viewer etc and record, but how do you go about setting it up etc, and what other stuff can you do with em

much appreciated

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is I presume the Nokia D-Box, it is also a Linux based box and very popular, particularly in Germany.

I know very little about the box, apart from tha fact that it shares many of the Dreambox capabilities.

Is this the one? http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,1874,00.html

Reaction score
it certainly is, i got it off a guy at a computer fair, its "special" if you know what i mean, i took a chance , and it works great giving me all the extras (i`ll have to read the rules to see what i`m allowed to mention), but as i was skimming through the settings i seen all the streaming / recording / mp3 stuff, so i`m just trying to see what else i can do with.

does anyone one know how i can connect this to my pc, and what software or connection method i`ll use, i.e. is it a program on my pc as in IEXPLORE or FTP or some over third party prog, i have it connected to my linksys wireless router (54g), and both my laptops are wireless, anyways thanks for the reply, and for any more info

cheers

witchy2k1

Reaction score
I think you need a network cable and an RS232 cable to talk to those boxes, I think the RS232 is only if you want to flash the OS though (not sure)