D.t.t Picture Freezing Prob's.

sat novice

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500 Super,SG2100,Raven 90 cm,42east to 30west,36" of CRT,Freeview from Crystal Palace,6.1 surround,Custom PC,Wireless network.
My Location
Birth Place of Radio
Hi all,
I am having a problem with picture freezing and audio going out of sync.
I have managed to narrow down the problem to the central heating boiler pump cutting in.
Is there a filter that I can get from the local Maplins to plug into the coax feed to my digital terrestrial box (Panasonic),to cut out the interferrance?
I know that Rolf will have the answer to this one.
All the best
Sat novice.;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A filter at the box may not solve the problem, what is you aerial setup?

sat novice

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500 Super,SG2100,Raven 90 cm,42east to 30west,36" of CRT,Freeview from Crystal Palace,6.1 surround,Custom PC,Wireless network.
My Location
Birth Place of Radio
The aerial and coax were installed prior to D.T.T, but was assured that it was "ready" for future use when Freeview became available from Crystal Palace.
The aerial is a grouped item and suitable for fringe reception areas as I am some 30 or so miles away from London.
I have never had a problem before until now with screen freeze/drop-outs,maybe the coax is due for a renewal ?.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So does the coax go straight from the aerial to the receiver withot a break?

sat novice

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Birth Place of Radio
There is only one join in the downlead and that is at the wall plate!.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well if you don't have an amplifier in line, then the solution can only be to improve the screening on the cable, install a masthead amplifier to increase the signal, or shield the motor.

sat novice

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Birth Place of Radio
I think that shielding the central heating pump is gonna be the solution.
A masthead amp is not needed as the signal strenght is good on all muxes (9+)
Maybe I will renew and re-route coax lead away from the c.h boiler which is in the garage immediatly below the aerial.
Thanks for your thoughts on that one Rolf.
Cheers.