Dangerous virus alert

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Trojan.Peacomm!zip Threat Type: Trojan horse
What is it?

Symantec Security Response is currently monitoring a massive surge of email spam containing the threat Trojan.Peacomm (also known as the Storm Trojan). This spam surge is one of the largest identified surges in the last several months. This threat was originally discovered in January 2007 but has been repackaged in this particular spam surge. The specific characteristics of this attack have continued to evolve over time and this is simply the latest example of the attackers attempting to compromise large numbers of unprotected systems. This trojan horse arrives as an attachment to an email purporting to contain a security patch. The email appears to warn the user about a malicious threat and implies that the file attachment is a security patch that will protect the user from this threat. However, the attachment itself is a malicious threat.

The email may have one of the following subject lines:

Worm Detected!
[UNABLE TO SCAN] Worm Detected!
[WARNING - ENCRYPTED ATTACHMENT NOT VIRUS SCANNED] Virus Alert!
[WARNING - ENCRYPTED ATTACHMENT NOT VIRUS SCANNED] Worm Detected!
Worm Detected!
Undeliverable: Virus Det
[ATTENTION - NON TRAIT? PAR ANTIVIRUS -- WARNING - NOT VIRUS SCANNED]%s
Virus Detected!ected!
Virus Activity Detected!

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Thanks for the heads up :)