dead box

My Satellite Setup
standard panasonic sky digibox circa 2000
My sky box has stopped responding and Sky online tech support tell me my digibox is probably a dead duck

As the box is 5 years old and Sky want £65 for a call out I think it is time to replace it as i don't fancy paying Rupert M's prices if I can help it. being a novice I'm not sure what to do, do i have to have a sky box or can I use any other satellite receiver.
Help please?

Urgently, the kids are already in withdrawal

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look on eBay for a replacement, treat yourself to a newer one, or you can tell Sky that you are going to cancel because your box is fried and they will provide a reconditioned one for £65. The alternative is to buy a receiver and Dragon CAM to use with your Sky card or perhaps a Dreambox, but they are not simple solutions and your kids probably won't thank you for taking the difficult route.

Sky's deal for a recon box is normally quite good value.

My Satellite Setup
all fixed now
with a 7lb sledge hammer, oh what fun.
I've purchased a new Pace DS430N to replace it

The kids are happier, now I'm getting "whens it coming" over and over again

My Satellite Setup
:) ordered a new Pace box and it has arrived and what a difference, sanity in the house is restored

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Glad you're sorted.

Think yourself lucky your house contained some sanity to start with as well! :D