satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Can get some close ups when I've tuned in all my stats again. Is there an easier way to do this rather than have to do it manually every time?

Switch to USALS if your receiver supports it :D

kroc_kroc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV: Panasonic 42PX60 DVD Recorder: Panasonic DMR EX85 AV Amp: Yamaha DSP Z9 Front Speakers: Monitor Audio GR60's Centre: Monitor Audio GR Centre Rear Speakers: 2 x Monitor Audio GR Centres Sub: BK Monolith DF [ No satelite equipment yet ]
My Location
NW London
Things are going from bad to worse :(

The arc seems out – can't get 1W or anything past 4.8E

I've given up up my installer so I'm going to get someone else in to sort this out. Went up the ladder to check how vertical the pole is and with 2 spirit levels it looks out (used 2 'cause I couldn't believe it was not vertical (thought the spirit level was faulty)). Not only that but the pole is warped at the bottom and top due to the brackets being tightened too tight. My builder mate has confirmed that the screws he's used are wrong and need to get some new ones asap (can't remember the name he suggested).

It's definitely going to have to come down :(

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Can't get the staff these days, LOL :D ........and recommended from your supplier

The wall fixings are called M8's OR M10's SHEILD ANCHORS

SatMan :)

kroc_kroc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV: Panasonic 42PX60 DVD Recorder: Panasonic DMR EX85 AV Amp: Yamaha DSP Z9 Front Speakers: Monitor Audio GR60's Centre: Monitor Audio GR Centre Rear Speakers: 2 x Monitor Audio GR Centres Sub: BK Monolith DF [ No satelite equipment yet ]
My Location
NW London
I'm very happy with my new installation – can get everything now from 42E to 30W – installer used USUALS – what a breeze. Will post some pics soon so it can get slagged off again :-lmao

Can't believe the things he said the other installer did wrong – he asked was it his first motorised installation.

Mickha – with my new installation (same equipment) the signal strength from 1W, 12476 H 27800 is: 63% – is this good/bad? Weather was/is nasty when I took these readings.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
kroc_kroc said:
Mickha – with my new installation (same equipment) the signal strength from 1W, 12476 H 27800 is: 63% – is this good/bad? Weather was/is nasty when I took these readings.

I think you have to be happy with that seeing as you are outside the footprint shown here for the Nordic beam fringe reception is very hit and miss but being in London appears to be a hit for you at least

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Kroc Kroc,

I'm sure it's been done correctly this time but only the pictures can tell LOL :-rofl2

I did give you some comments on the original install but as you asked... they had to be pointed out fella.

SM:)