Diablo CAM and Canal Digitaal

roshii

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized dish | Topfield TF5000CI | Diablo CAM | Canal Digitaal smart card | CAS 3+ Interface
My Location
Holland
Hi all,

I have a Diablo CAM with a Canal Digitaal official smart card which I activated a few weeks ago. If I try to watch a channel from the package I have subscribed for I see nothing, as with the CAM at all.

Do I have to do anything with the Diablo CAM to be able to see the crypted channels?
If I check the details of the smart card via the receiver menu I see that the encryption type is unknown... Should'nt the receiver recognize it as Mediagard?

Thanks to all!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I know this might sound a stupid question but have you got the card inserted the correct way up?
Have you tried going into the Cams menu, configuration and altering the CAID and other settings?
If you have already tried this and it doesn't work please post back and I'll search if anyone has an official Canal Digitaal official smart card working in a Diablo cam.

roshii

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized dish | Topfield TF5000CI | Diablo CAM | Canal Digitaal smart card | CAS 3+ Interface
My Location
Holland
Thanks Mickha

I have tried to re-insert the card and so on but it does not help...
I have also tried to change some CAM settings but I could not find what you advice. The only options available are: Auto PMT & Providers but I do not know what to put there...
The Diablo CAM has a Boot version 1.41

Thanks for anybody who could help further.

ps: would it help to purchase a CAS 3 programmer?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I've been offline, thanks to my ISP, for 12 hours.
If you go into the configuration menu, and click on CAID's File, you will see the option to select different CAIDS including German, Spanish etc.
Hopefully one of these options might work with your card.
Have you got the card inserted with the chip facing up?
You could also try a search of the internet to see if anyone has this card working with this cam, and what file and settings they are using.

roshii

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Holland
Sorry Mickha for not replying earlier...

The card is recognize in the configuration menu of the receiver, it shows a hex key and says the coding system is unknown; therefore i assume the card is inserted correctly...

Unfortunately, I could not see any option to select CAIDS in the configuration menu of the receiver. What is CAIDS by the way?

I could not find anything on the internet either.
Could it be the boot version of the Diablo CAM that is not up to date?
I see that my boot version is 1.41

I have also purchased a CAS 3+ interface as i thought it might help...

While i was checking the settings of the CAM i stepped on "Providers list" and i was wondering if i should not add Canal Digitaal here... But then came a question, what is the code corresponding to Canal Digitaal?

Looking forward to any tip :) Regards

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
If you enter the Diablo Cams menu, then enter configuration, highlight CAIDS and Enter you will see a lot of different choices.
Which Stealth file do you have loaded on your Diablo Cam?
The latest is Stealth 238.

roshii

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Holland
I will try to go into CAIDS right after work! But I am doubting... Anyhow, I'll see this evening...
I have not loaded any Stealth file yet as I do not know if it would help me... Further more the only one I have found is 1.78... Any tip on where to find 2.38?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West

roshii

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Holland
Yiiiiipie!!

It works! I have uploaded Stealth 2.38 and with this I could indeed alter the CAIDS. I did put it on "Others" and the card did get activated :)

Thanks for your support and patience Mickha!

I will now investigate the possibilities of the Diablo CAM :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Packages currently open with the Diablo Cam are:
Premiere 19.2E
TPS, SRG & Polsat 13E
Digi TV 1W
Also open, with the latest keys.bin file, are the MCT/Redlight mature content channels on 13E.

teddie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm dh 6800+250 hdd usb,tevion hdd/dvd recorder,tevion upscaler hdmi dvd player,philips 42 plasma hd,.beheringer psudo surround thru hi fi ,..
My Location
ireland
canal digital is conax if its from w 1 thor,..the diablo cam is an official conax cam in its original state [new] but if you have loaded any patch on it,eg ,darkman etc,etc,.it wont recognise the official conax card,.then you will have to contact duolabs and ask them for advice,...good luck,..let us know how you get on!,..teddie,..

roshii

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Holland
Hoi Teddie,

I have a smart card for Canal Digitaal on Astra 23.5°E which works just nice with the latest Stealth. The CAM also open TPS without any problems. I have no complain to make.

Greetings

graham

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500CI
Triax 90cm motorised dish
My Location
Northumberland
is there a section for people who are new to cams, how do i go about getting past these encrypted channels, if i buy the diablo cam what else do i need ?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
graham said:
is there a section for people who are new to cams, how do i go about getting past these encrypted channels, if i buy the diablo cam what else do i need ?

It is not something that has a definitive how to guide as the scene is changing constantly day by day. You have got to decide what you want to watch and which satellite it is on then see if it is possible. There are many encryption systems and more than one way of cheating those systems either using cams, emulators or patched firmware. A good read here will enlighten you further.