Diablo Light Cam

khana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong srt4658x
My Location
Australia
:confusedI understand that with Dragon cam there is an option for entering the stb serial/id number to circumvent the issue of the smartcard being paired/married to the stb issued by the provider. I have a Conax card paired/married to a Zenega CD1004iS stb, but I wish to insert it into my Strong srt4658x STB, which is much better. I have a Diablo light cam and a CAS 3+ programmer. Can I make my Strong stb decode the Conax card with my Diablo cam like the Dragon cam? khana :)

tamagoch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Edision 2620 CXCI reciever, Cas 3+, Diablo light, MatrixCam reloaded
My Location
Finland
Hi Mickha,
What's up with Diablo on D+?

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West

HDTVIRL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion
Diablo CAM Lite
Cas3+ Programmer
Wirless Logger
My Location
ie
Hello Micha, I have a few question to ask you about the Diablo Cam Lite and cas3+ with CAS 8.3, I have just programmed my new Diablo Cam Lite with stealth 2.33 and it done more or less what I thought it would.

Is is possible to enter new keys on the Diablo Cam without running a newer stealth. I see when using Cas Studio and connected to the DCL it is possible to update the keys.bin in the root directory, can this file be replace with a newer keys.bin file ?. If so where do you get the new keys.bin file. Is the Keys.bin file compatable across multiple receivers/CAMS ?

Also is it possible to add new key individually to the DCL without doing thru. the remote on the receiver ? entering hex string longer 6 character is a pain in the neck !! eg notepad

I look forward to your response.

Regards

HDTVIRL

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can get updated Diablo keys.bin files on alsat, but you can also update your own using the Fausto utility.
You have 2 options when updating the keys manually, Hex or Dec, you will find that using the Dec method is quicker.
Keys don't change that often and with Polsat, and Premiere, AU you shouldn't need to update keys more than once a week.
Stealth 234 is now available but there doesn't appear to be any major improvements just some bugs resolved.

HDTVIRL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion
Diablo CAM Lite
Cas3+ Programmer
Wirless Logger
My Location
ie
Thanks Mickha, downloaded the Fausto utility software, somebody has spent a lot of time developing this package, there is a lot in it, do you know if it supports the duolable Season Wireless Card?.

Thanks in Advance

HDTVIRL

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Fausto appears to have been more developed for the Diablo Wireless cam and base station, as it can be used to update keys to the wireless cam using the base station connected to a PC.
Owners of this set up state that Fausto is an extremely useful utility.

mariop1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
im interested in satellite
My Location
london
very strange that a very expensive cam such as the diable does not open Rai 1-2-3 on 11766v and on 10992v hotbird.
i just wondering why? thats the main reason i bought it.

KnockJohn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 6900 super - 19,2:23,5:13:28,2
My Location
Scotland
Currently, I am using an XCAM, which has been great for ages, but has recently suffered the loss of D+ and SRG and does not seem to be getting any new updates..

Thus, I am considering the purchase of one of these Diablo babies. However, I notice that a number of advertisers are advertising it with regard to opening SRG in Via 2.3, and D+ (and a few other recent change providers).

In view of recent changes and the possible imminent change of PW to Nagra3... is this the best CAM I can get and/or should I wait a while..?

I'd be grateful of any advice

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Nothing currently opens D+ or SRG so save your money and wait.
The Diablo Cam can currently open:
Premiere 19.2E
TPS, Polsat and s_x View 13E
Digi TV 1W

jclassic1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xtreme receiver Joker cam
My Location
nottinghamshire
I hope someone can help me.I have an Xtreme sat receiver that has a ucas embedded can which is stuck in dreamboot.It also has a Joker cam in one of the CI slots.I have tried to update the joker cam with a funcard but nothing seems to happen.This has led me to thinking about buying a new upto date cam.I have been reading this post and it seems that the diablo cam may be the one to go for iff it will work in my old receiver.I would also like to be told how I can get my enbedded cam out of dreamboot.
Will another cam in one of my CI slots still work whilst the ucas cam is in dreamboot.

I have been looking around all the forum sites trying to get some idea of how to sort my reciver out so I can watch some scrambled channels on Astra 1/2 at 19.2E such as premier but have not yet had much luck.
Perhaps I have found the right site at last.

Thank you

John

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi jclassic1,
welcome to the forum.
Which model of receiver have you got?
Is there a factory reset option on this receiver?
If you have the manual check if you can reflash the receiver using a null modem cable, or equivalent.

As for buying a Diablo Cam it might not be worth the expense as Premiere will be upgrading their encryption soon, I do not have the exact date.
To use the Diablo you will need to buy a Cas programmer, I recommend the Cas 3+, to load Stealth files and update keys.bin files, which will make the purchase around £90-£100, if you are lucky you might get it slightly cheaper.
Considering you can buy a patchable receiver for around £60 this might be a better option.
Have a read around the forum and decide which option suits you best.

jclassic1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nottinghamshire
Hi Mickha,
there is a factory reset on my xtreme but it just resets the programs it originally had when I first got it ie Astra 1 and Hotbird.It does not do anything about the enbedded cam being in dreamboot.
Can I fit another cam into one of my spare slots that I can program to work without using a card.Iff this is possible can you sugest a make.
I have seen an Evolve receiver with an enbedded reality cam that is programmed for the s_x veiw channels on Hotbird so does this mean that the same enbedded cam can be reprogrammed to unscramble perhaps Premier on Astra1 19.2E.
When you mention a patchable receiver what does this actually mean and what other equipment would I need to make it work.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment and I look forward to your reply .

Many thanks

John

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
A patchable receier, like the Technomate, Vantage etc, is one that you can load unofficial software to open the channels.
All you require is a null modem cable, available for a few pounds, and your computer/laptop, the newer receivers even use a USB cable.
There are a number of these types of receivers, depending on your budget and needs, including Linux based receivers like the Dreambox.
One of the latest is the Q Box, from the Diablo team,with a built in Diablo Cam.
There are far too many receivers, each with different advantages, to review.
The Technomate 1000D and 1500 models are cheap and popular, easy to use, with good support, and as these are quite old now you can pick them up very cheap, even cheaper than a cam in some cases.
The Technomate 1500 super is good for blind scans, has a cam slot and a card slot that can work with subscription cards like DigitAlb.
Have a read through the various receiver sections and post some questions, but as the choice is so varied choosing the right receiver is difficult.

jclassic1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nottinghamshire
Hi Mickha,
I have found a Technomate TM3100D free to air receiver on e-bay that has been patched with the latest software.It will receive the premier channels on astra and others on Hotbird.
What do you think.

Thanks

John

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi John,
I have not had any experience with Technomate receivers only what I've read.
I advise you visit alsat.co.uk, as this is where the software is generally located and has a lot of Technomate owners posting.
You will have to join, then scroll down to the Technomate section and read all you can on the model.

jclassic1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nottinghamshire
Mickha,I have been on the site and it seems to be well supported so I think I may take a chance on it.
Thank you for your solid advise and I am sure I will call on your help again.

Thank you

John

vulmac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Dreambox 7000
1.1 Motorised Dish
Diablo 2.3
My Location
Ireland
I bought a Diablo cam Light. It was freezing on Premire after a half hour. I was told to format the cam. i borrowed a cas 2 and got the message format error when trying format it. It will still load stealth 2.44 but will not run in receiver which is a Fortec Star Passion. Looks like the cam is faulty.I backed it up before the format and the backup will not run. Any ideas appreciated.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
There are known prolems with the Cas 2 and sometimes it takes a number of attempts before the cam formats.
Once the Cam has been formatted, and a new stealth loaded, you do need to adjust the configuration menu, particularly Emulators ON.
Also try altering the CAID file if it is still freezing.

vulmac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Dreambox 7000
1.1 Motorised Dish
Diablo 2.3
My Location
Ireland
Mickha said:
There are known prolems with the Cas 2 and sometimes it takes a number of attempts before the cam formats.
Once the Cam has been formatted, and a new stealth loaded, you do need to adjust the configuration menu, particularly Emulators ON.
Also try altering the CAID file if it is still freezing.
Thanks tried it again about twenty times. It goes through a fifteen second cycle and gives the same message format error. I reloaded the stealth 2.44 and when I try to look at in the cam file section it immediately starts to format the cam file system. I am then left with no folders or files and a free block 1767424 . Why do I always get them ???? ( the problem ones)