spludlow

Reaction score
Website
spludlow.com
My Satellite Setup
120cm, DisEqC 1.2, SkyStar 2 PCI, SkyStar HD, MediaPortal, TVEngineV3, ProgDVB
My Location
UK
I loaded Stealth 2.27 onto a Diablo Lite about 2 weeks ago. Turned on Emulators and set the Priority.

I was pointing at Hot Bird 13E with a Topfield TF7700HSCI it was working nice I could get several French film channels that had English sound tracks. BRILLIANT!!!!!

After a few days it packed up and going into the CAM config on the receiver was locking it up. So I formatted the CAM and re-loaded it. It started working again for another day.

Now I can’t get anything to work. I’ve tried the CAM in a Fortec star passion didn’t work either.

I’ve tried booting of a FTA channel and every combination I can think of.

Is the CAM software obsolete?

Is the CAM faulty?

Do I need to start inputting keys from L*urals, I can’t get my head round that?

Cheers

Samuel

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
On Hotbird, 13E, the Diablo light is AU on the TPS package, also Polsat. For TPS to open you need to tune to channels on the same frequency, 10834 V, which includes Sci Fi and France 4, once it opens you can then browse the rest of the package.
If you leave the smartcard message on you can see when the cam is updating the keys.
An easy way to update any keys is by using your Cas programmer and uodating the keys.bin file.
Download the latest Diablo keys ,bin file, and move it to your desktop.
Start up your Cas software, insert your cam. and start the diablo software.
Click on the Cam File System tab, and click connect.
Locate the new keys.bin file, in the bottom left pane, highlight it and click the green arrow pointing right, this will overwrite the old keys.bin file.

spludlow

Reaction score
Website
spludlow.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
So I need to watch a FTA channel in the same transponder then go to an encrypted channel. This explains why maybe it was working and then stopped becuase I resorted my channel list order.

Thanks for that I'll try it.

And have a play with the keys when I get a chance.

Cheers

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Not a FTA channel, the channels Scif Fi and France 4 are encrypted but these channels are the ones used to initially get the AU working.

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
technomate 6900,,and invacom 0.3 quad lnb
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
hi i im using the topfield too but have never managed the au updates for a while let me know if yours does

spludlow

Reaction score
Website
spludlow.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks Mickha your advice was spot on.

I tuned to France 4 and the Diablo kicked in like a dream. It must have worked when I first used it because I went through every channel and stumbled across it.

May I ask why this works?

Are there other “magic channels” at other orbits that get the Diablo’s juices flowing? Is there a list?

Regarding the previous post by iwol I can say that the Diablo works with The Topfield and the Fortec Star Passion. I’ve also tried it in a Pace DS810XE box but couldn’t get it working.

Is it auto updating? I’m not sure? How do I tell?

I heard that leaving it on a scrambled channel for 5 to 10 minutes the CAM will work out the keys. Is this true?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
This is the way the AU, Auto Update, works on the TPS system.
The AU on other channels has been disbled, for now, by the providers, on most packages except Premiere, 19E.
For Polsat, 13E, and Digi TV 1W, you need to go into the configuration menu and turn the N2 AU to OFF, then manually enter the keys, or load the latest Diablo keys.bin file.