Did I install my feedhorn/LNBs ok???

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
Hi, I am an new to this forum and TOTALLY new to C band dish.

I got a 10 feet mesh dish for free. I decided to change the C band only feedhorn and lnb that came with it to a C/Ku so I could get more channels.

I installed the dish on a 17 feet pole next to my house (it was a lot of work) but it is mounted. I was trying to get something on the tv, I am using a Pansat 3500s receiver and a Vbox to move the dish (by the way I just removed the mover as it is not good).

Well,the question is:

I bought the Chaparral Codotor II from w_w.thesatelliteshop.com w_w.thesatelliteshop.com the one that has a C and Ku lnb together. I installed the Ku lnb and the C lnbs and inserted then into the scalar ring and connected it to the dish legs. I messuare the distnace from middle to 3 different points to ensure they all mesuare the same. All of this was done when I had the dish on the ground.

Now, I was reading the something on the installation instructions of this chaparral unit that reads:

" Attach the alignment arrow to the Ku-Band elbow and insert the horn into the scalar ring on the dish until the scalar gauge on the side of the feedhorn matches the f/D ratio on the dish (or is the nest lower value) and the ARROW IS ALIGNED WITH THE DISH'S POLAR AXSIS...

I made sure the f/D gauge was the correct one (0.36, got this from 10^2/(16*18)

The only thing I never saw was the pointing arrow???? What is that, did I missed something? I just do not want to bring it down for nothing? Man, this sucks, I do not know how I missed it. Do I need to point the servo motor down or the Ku Lnb,,,?

Please help me, please.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Yes you need the arrow pointing down.

I did the same mistake once, you got that piece of paper you put around the blue servo motor with an arrow on, turn the Corotor til the arrown points down.

Otherwise you will not be able to move the motor as much as you need.

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
But I do not have the pointing arrow. I do not know where it is, maybe I dropped it by mistake. now what do I do, I do not have a pointing arrow???? What can I do now???

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
kelleyga said:
But I do not have the pointing arrow. I do not know where it is, maybe I dropped it by mistake. now what do I do, I do not have a pointing arrow???? What can I do now???

I don't know how it is these days, but when i bought the Corotors many years ago they came with a hard piece of paper that there was an arrow on and which you put on the servo motor.

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
I am looking at the flyer picture. It says the arrow should be pointing to the polar axis. Does that means the arrow has to point to the ground?? Like pararell to my pole?

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
kelleyga said:
I am looking at the flyer picture. It says the arrow should be pointing to the polar axis. Does that means the arrow has to point to the ground?? Like pararell to my pole?

Yes parallel to the pole.

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
ok, thanks, I will go up and remove the feedhorn and use a pen to create the arrow looking at the picture I got from the flyer and when I get it install again, I will make that arrow point to the ground at 90 degrees (that is what the flyer says, paoint arrow to Polar Axis).

Likvid, THANKS a lot for all your help, even though it was bas news for me.

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
Livik, what do you think will happen is the arrow is not pointing down? Will it not work, will I not get any signal? WHat would happened?

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
kelleyga said:
Livik, what do you think will happen is the arrow is not pointing down? Will it not work, will I not get any signal? WHat would happened?

You can't turn the servo motor as much if you don't have it correctly installed.