Digibox Switched off

buzzbomb

My Satellite Setup
protek 9600ip Openbox S9 HD 1.8m precision dish and standalone 36v positioner.
My Location
scotland and greece
Folks I have just purchased a Pace 2200 digibox (with FTA card)for use over in Greece. As I already have a FTA/Seca Nokia setup I was not going to use the digibox until I go over there in May. Is this likely to cause a problem ie switched off for a couple of months or should I connect it up each month to keep it activated ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Buzz'

I would certainly connect it periodically overnight as this will ensure that it is kept updated, best to depart with a box you know is working.

Rolf

BarMoo

Post Meister
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dear All,

Authorisation codes are constantly sent to a card.

Like my FTV (BBC) card, I sometimes have to wait about a day for it to totally re-activate itself (if I have left it out of the box for some time).

I normally have my SKY sub card in the box.

Have Fun,

Mark.

P.S. Let's hope you get all the channels you like out there :-)

buzzbomb

My Satellite Setup
protek 9600ip Openbox S9 HD 1.8m precision dish and standalone 36v positioner.
My Location
scotland and greece
thanks for replies folks. think I will connect it up a couple of times each month just to be on the safe side. will let you know how I get re reception in greece although I am hopeful of getting all the FTA with the exception of ITV regions ie astra 2d