Digital Tv Aerial Help Please

tojo-mojo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400 +tivusat +sky
My Location
Caserta, Naples, Italy
Morning Forum

just a quick question well advice needed please, i am currently living in italy Southern naples i require some advice, reference to aligning a tv aerial. I have purchased the aerial in the uk and have now fitted it to the aerial mast on my roof, the drama i am having is that some of the channels break up while watching them, which indicates its not in the correct position. I paid an aerial fitter to come and check it and he turned it around and around and says nope thats as good as your going to get it (cowboy)(-red)!!!! as my next door neighbour gets a perfect picture.
Is there any meter i can buy which will help me to align the aerial myself as i am confident on climbing on the roof and turning it around a little until i get the perfect picture, any advice would be fantastic.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can you upload a picture of your aerial and that of your neighbour? You can buy a little handheld meter from a couple of our supporting advertisers, but it sounds like it is not purely a problem with the direction of the aerial, maybe you neighbour has a masthead amplifier to increase the suignal level to reach threshold.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Did you reuse the old cable? This could be losing you signal strength if you did.