digital tv radio question

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Can i watch tv and change the audio on digital satelite.i done it on analogue ,is it possible or not..Thankyou rhurbarb:p

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If the channel is carrying dual audio tracks yes its possible. Most receivers you just flick the audio button on the remote and choose which track you want.

Many channels of course only carry one audio track though.

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Well that was a quick response thanks m8,excuse my ignorance but if i cant change it on the audio button then there is no way to manually put a audio frequency in then and which bit changes the audio is it the 5/8 7/8 eyc or is it the 27500/22000 switch..Thanks again bud nice one ...Rhurbarb

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Look at a digital channel on Lyngsat or similar and you will see VPID, & APID VPID is the video programme identifier, and APID is obviously the audio.

Each audio track has an apid. Change the pid, get a different language! :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
As for the others :

27500 / 22000 is the symbol rate, and 3/4 etc is the FEC (forward error correction)

You need to get each one right for a digital channel to work.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
This is what it looks like when you have a choice of audio stream.
In this instance Spanish, and the original English soundtracks are being transmitted simultaniously.

L.:)

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
il try that now and see what i come up with Thanks guys you been a big big help ,nice to know there are peolpe out there who put themselves out for others ...Thanks again keep you posted Rhurbarb:) :) :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are looking for radio as per the title, then you won't find it on the TV channel audio choices, you will have to switch your receiver to Radio mode, it may be a single button, or may be a choice when viewing the channel list. It is not like the old analogue days, where one channel would carry unrelated audio bands.

If you are simply looking for different language versions of the channel you are watching, then as mentioned above, just press the audio or language button.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
rhurbarb said:
il try that now and see what i come up with Thanks guys you been a big big help ,nice to know there are peolpe out there who put themselves out for others ...Thanks again keep you posted Rhurbarb:) :) :)

You are very welcome rhubarbe. We try to help others to understand in simple terms what can be difficult topics to grasp.

With a bit of luck you will know the answers to someones else questions one day and will be able to return the favour and in the process add to the knowledge base on the forum :toke: :)

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Tried to change to audio pid..what i done was went to transponder scan then put the tv frequency in and the audio pid which is 4 digits? and nothing ,i think rolfs right in saying you could do it on analogue but not digital ....im trying to get sunshine live on 19e with any tv channel so i can record it with a tv background seems more interesting then watching a blue screen..Thanks again rhurbarb