DIGITALB Picture Quality

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Providers of sports channels usually give these channels the highest bitrate so that the picture would look great under fast moving objects (players, football, etc.)
The usual bitrate that I have measured is about 4500 kb/s and above for good picture. Anything less than that will not be acceptable.
The picture quality of the DigitALB will depend on the the channel bitrate.
As I am not able to receive this package in my location, it would be greatly appreciated if someone, preferably who has a Dreambox receiver and with bitrate plugin installed could measure the video and audio bitrate of the sports channels so that we can put a number to the quality.
And preferably when there is a match.

Edit: The resolution is also important. Anything less than 720x576 or 704x576 will not give the best picture quality.

geordiejohn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky sd and penta 85cm motorised with ancient spiderbox 900HD
My Location
uk
I agree with 215liverpool, for example the pics from c+ ( not HD) on 1 west are way better than digialb and they have 3 pm kick offs.

215liverpool

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1meter dish & DM500HD
My Location
Hertfordshire
geordiejohn said:
I agree with 215liverpool, for example the pics from c+ ( not HD) on 1 west are way better than digialb and they have 3 pm kick offs.

I agree that C+ on 1 west has a vastly superior picture to Digitalb with 3pm kick offs.

If your going down the legitimate subscribing route though the cards for C+ 1 west are expensive and the last time I watched matches on C+ 1 west they didn't include english commentary.