Disable a Satellite

iflas

Reaction score
hi
Is it possible to disable a satellite on dreambox so that it gives a bad or no signal just like humax. Thank you and happy new year.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
Why would you want to do that?
If you can explain why you want to we might be able to suggest a solution.

You can setup the parental control so that it will not even show channels set as parental control. You could set all the channels on that satellite to hidden with parental control. You could then se them by taking parental control off.
Do you use a rotor on the dish? If so you could set the rotor position to the wrong position. Then when you selected the channels on that satellite it would drive the dish to the wrong place.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Easy enough on my Triple Dragon. You must have a 'Satellite Setup' menu - on mine I can simply disable a satellite by using the option 'satellite not connected' and the satellite disappears as if by magic in the satellite list :-Cgrin

Llew

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
You can just delete the channels and they will be gone. I just wondered why he wanted to do it. Or if you don't want a particular satellite showing don't scan it.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
or unplug it, cover it up and pretend you dont own a satallite receiver :D

I dont understand the question either?

surely you want to receive as many channels as possible? like BonceChops said, if there are some you dont want then just dont scan the satallite in the 1st place.

other than that, delete the satellite all together.

press.

setup> 6

Service searching

satellite configuration

and just erase all the sats you dont use..

Attachments

• osdshot.jpg
    osdshot.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 86