Exmanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm dish
Pace digibox
Sky viewing card
My Location
Malmö Sweden
As a new member I realise my question(s) may have been answered in previous threads, so please have patience.

I live in Malmö, S Sweden during the last 3-4 months I have lost the following channels:
C4
C4+1
MUFC (subscription paid)
E4 (Irish link)
Scifi (but not Scifi +1)
All living channels
Watch TV (but not Watch TV +1)
In addition I have pixilation problems with Sky 1 (takes 1/2 hr to put right)

I have an original sky digibox (Pace) that my brother sent to me almost 10 yrs ago and subscribe to Sky Sports package through the UK.
As yet Sky Sports, Sky 2,3 Ch 5 US 5, Virgin and others work fine.

My question is whether the loss of channels is due to change of satellite or a hardware problem (larger/newer dish) digibox, Lnb etc
or a combination of both?

lloydio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Planning on using a 1.8m dish to recieve astra 2d
My Location
Slovenia
I would try changing the LNB first, if that is no help then change the coax cable. especially if the coax has been in use for over 10 years it has certainly degraded since it has been installed.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
C4 / C4 +1 have moved to Astra 2D. If your dish isnt big enough to get the BBC services you wont get C4.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Try 12.480V 27.5 2/3. Let us know if you get anything.

Exmanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm dish
Pace digibox
Sky viewing card
My Location
Malmö Sweden
Tried this frequency and to my surprise I managed to receive reception to all the C4 and E4 alternatives, the only problem being that it takes up to a half hour for the picture to settle down without pixilation problems etc. This problem may be because the signal seems to be on the weak side. Can weak signal be fixed with improved hardware?

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Exmanc said:
.. it takes up to a half hour for the picture to settle down without pixilation problems etc.

Your receiver is at death's door. You may be able to get a replacement power supply but with the price of secondhand Sky receivers on eBay such as a Pace 430n it is not worth it. Replace immediately.

Exmanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm dish
Pace digibox
Sky viewing card
My Location
Malmö Sweden
Thanks for your reply, I have contacted my brother in the uk in an attempt to utilise Sky's £99 offer for a sky+ digibox, however the insist on a £60 installation by their engineer. Can you suggest a Pace box or alternative that works in S Sweden. It's not necessary for it to perform sky + functions as I have a dvd with hard disc which works adequately. Can you also suggest where to buy a box, my son is studying in m/cr and is coming back for xmas. Your help would be much appreciated.