Discq problems

New2It

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, HH120 Discq notor with Triax 1.1m
Having problems moving dish with new 7020, ideally trying for "Goto X" function.

Anybody else had problems or is it just my lack of knowledge?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Why dont you uncheck the go to box and check the motor input box. then press blue button and try move the dish manually left and right and see if it moves. When setting up did you save the complex moto settings???.ie many satellites vix Diseqc motor. To find this go to menu>set up>service searching>satellite config. There in the top bar you should see your setting adjust to diseqc rotor.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
If you search through the dreambox section you will find that there are many threads with this subject. There seems to be a weekness in dreamboxes with motors, we still don't know what the problem is. In any case, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't....

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020 1m dish moteck motor
i have got my 7020 moving by just manualy finding a sat and then storing it then the 7020 seems to remember it ok.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
After many images and tests i have yet to succesfully get the GoTo XX function working.

Moving the dish and storing works best for me.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
After many images and tests i have yet to succesfully get the GoTo XX function working.

Moving the dish and storing works best for me.

Yes same here, why break your heart trying to get it going when it wont in most cases. Manual finding is best I think.

New2It

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, HH120 Discq notor with Triax 1.1m
Being new to all this I had a motorised system set up and was using a USALS receiver that they had set up using USALS and it seems ok.

Once I bought the 7020 and put it on then no matter what I tried I could not get it to go ok.

Currently using the old receiver as a positioner and telling the 7020 it is not motorised (not a good solution but seems to work).

How do I go about setting the positions without affecting the old receiver? If using USALS I was assuming that the motor did not use stored data (other than 0 degrees) so can I simply use the old receiver to go to position and then use the 7020 and store that position from it or would I then lose the old receiver data?

Seems strange that the 7020 is not as good as a cheap receiver but I suppose thats why it says GotoX and not USALS.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not quite sure what you are asking above, but if you disconnect from the old receiver and setup the motor positions on the Dreambox, providing you send the motor to the reference position when you re-connect to the old receiver, it should work fine.

PS. Like others, have never managed to get the goto function working properly, but then re-finding the satellites is fairly quick to do anyway.