• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Disecq motor

Pullet_Surprise

My Location
York's
I've got a Philips SC519DS lnb connected to a disecq motor. The motor can only be driven by one feed, via the receiver. The other feed goes into my skystar 2 card. Is it possible to drive the motor via the feed to the pc card. i.e is a certain motor, switch etc available to do this?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that the Skystar 2 will drive a diseqC motor Pete, it probably doesn't supply enough power and is only DiseqC 1.0, so would only get 4 positions, even if the motor was one of the ones capable of working with the lower version.

The one I have will work, but haven't tried it, as it requires getting up to the motor and setting the positions manually.

Pullet_Surprise

My Location
York's
even if the motor was one of the ones capable of working with the lower version.
Aha Rolf, so if I had a seperate receiver connected to this feed (instead of the pc card) then Is there a motor available to drive the dish from two feeds?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think so, if I understand correctly what you are suggesting, you are looking to control one motor from two receivers. There certainly isn't (AFAIK) a motor made with two inputs and any switching arrangement would mean the use of one or the other receiver, but not both at the same time.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
I've got mine set up with a quad LNB, so the Hyundai controls the dish, but the SS 2 is connected to whatever the Hyundai is watching, not ideal, but as i have a separate dish for the Sky, it still gives me two sats to watch at the same time. :)