DiseqC Problem ?

lmarconi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish, 13 and 36 east
My Location
Kazakhstan
Dear all, is the first time that i wrote in this forum and sorry if what i wrote will be not understable or stupid for you that, for sure ,are much more expert then me. I would like to explain my problem.

I'm locate in KAzakhstan for work reason and, actually i have 2 dish : first dish on 36 east Eutelsat (with a LNB with 2 entrance) and second dish on 13 east (Hotbird) with an LNB with 4 entrance. Since in my apartment i have to receiver (DREAMBOX D500S) in 2 different room, i bring from the roof (where are located the dishes) 2 different and indipendent cables, one for each receiver .

Each receiver should have the possibility to use the 2 satellite, so i use (for each cable) 2 different DiseqC with 5 entrance (4 plus 1 for the receiver). So for each DREAMBOX i have the same configuration: one satellite (36 east) to the entrance of Diseqc (AA), one satellite (13 east) to the enstrance of Diseqc (A:cool: and from the DiseqC to the room. As you can understand are exactly 2 different cables connected in the same way.

Now, with the hope that i have been clear, the problem : if i switch-on both the DREAMBOX , i can't use one to watch 36 east and one to use 13 east. It is look like the 2 are connected since as soon as i switch on 36 east in one DB, the other which is setted on 13, stop to work saiyng Service not find. The only thing that i can do to have good signal and channles is to switch both DB on the same satellite.

Second problem : this happen in only 1 DREAMBOX: if i switch on only 1 DREAMBOX (the second is off), some channels are not showed and appear the same message (Service not find) and the satellite signal it is very low. Only when i switch on the second DREAMBOX, then the channels appear again and the satellite signal became full as usual.
Sorry, i know that it is a long message but i try to explain as much as better and i hope some of you can help me on this strange problem.

It is a DiseqC problem ? If not, what it can depend the behaviour of the receiver which should be completelly indipendent while look like are connect in some why ? It can depend from the LNB ?
Thanks in advance for any support which any of you can give me.
Leonardo

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Will have to have a think about this, as there is a lot of information. Is your four output LNB a quad LNB and not a Quatro?

lmarconi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish, 13 and 36 east
My Location
Kazakhstan
rolfw said:
Will have to have a think about this, as there is a lot of information. Is your four output LNB a quad LNB and not a Quatro?

Yes, you are right it is quad.
I knew that there was a lot of info, but if i didn't have any other way to explain it.
Thanks for any further suggestion.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
See if you can buy a couple of two way DiSEqC switches, you may have a faulty switch. Also check whether your first Dreambox is throwing out the right voltages for Horizontal and vertical.

lmarconi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish, 13 and 36 east
My Location
Kazakhstan
Thanks for your help. I will try to find 2 way DiseqC (i'm in Kazakhstan and it was a miracle to find the other one :))
Just a question regarding your second point: since i'm not an expert, what you pratically mean when you said "....check whether your first Dreambox is throwing out the right voltages for Horizontal and vertical..." ? What i shell do ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Never seen the problem myself, but apparently there can be problems using multi output LNBs through Diseqc switches, to me it sounds like one of the LNBs is not getting its power.

If you have any single LNBs lying about, you could at least check that both switches are switching and that both receivers are working properly, i.e giving out the correct voltages and tone when required.

If all works well using single LNBs (one receiver at a time obviously), then you may want to consider getting different brands of LNB.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
and welcome on booard!
since when do you have this problem?
is your dreambox a clone or a orginal?
i hear often that clones,have sometimes problem,with the voltage output,for sending the diseqec comand,it could be to low,then the signal not transmitted proberbly to the swtich!

how long are the cables between the antenna?
and the dreambox?
i recocgneized,that some lnbs when there are older,and need to much power,then the newer one,make problems,on some swtiches,when the voltage level is getting to low,or the cables to long,often the problem is solved when you change the lnb,or the swtich,but first,please try to check,the voltage in a tv repair center,that comes out from your dreambox,when you have the posibility to use other receiver on your setup,you can check first,how it looks there,when is everything ok,your dreambox have a fault,if not,replace,that component,that you find out makes the problem!
good luck!