DiSEqC Switch Connection

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Ref:- to the above title :-

From Eutesat Co. Definition : DiSEqC stands for ( Digital Equipment Control )

Therefore DiSEqC switch does one thing and one thing well: it combines up to 4 satellites feeds ( 4 LNBs ) into one single output to your receiver .

I have a technical question addressed only if possible to satellites dish installers engineers or qualified satellite dish installers technicians .

The main purposes of the above switch are :-

1- To combine 4 satellite feeds ( 4 LNBs ) by providing a standardised digital system with non-proprietary commands and enabling switching between them .

2- Providing single output to the receiver .

My topic is the second purpose , the output of the switch .

If I connect the output of the switch directly to the receiver or put it near the receiver , and bring 4 labeled coaxial cables for the 4 satellites ( 4 LNBs ) down to the DiSEqC switch inputs , providing that these 4 cables are the same length as the single output cable , And as far as the impeadance or db losses if any in the single output cable will be the same in every cable of these 4 cables . What is wrong with this procedure ( Ignore the cost of 3 extra cables ) . Could you please give technical analysis for this procedure whether it is O.K. or not .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
see answers to the same question I asked a while back:

_http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=34441&highlight=diseqc+cts

all in all, it really doesn't seem to make much difference - save yourself some cable!

-cts