DISH alignment Help Plse

R

Riddim

Tom34 said:
Ok,
now that you know you got the right LNB, either try playing with your receiver setups or go on with the mechanical work...

Unplug the "Astra LNB" on your diseq switch, then unplug the "Hotbird LNB" and plug it into the other socket. Then change your setup from "Hotbird Port 1" to "Hotbird Port2".
If you can still see the TV program, then your switch is ok too.

Next thing:
Change the LNB's, so that you know both are working ok.

Then (TV on a Hotbird channel):
Turn your dish by about 6° (Hold a stick under the dishes arm, keep the stick in its position and move the dish until the "out of line" Astra LNB is above the stick. You should now be able to tune in the Astra channels.

Another thought... there is no tree nearby that might be blocking your sight to "Astra"?

Tom,

I saw the note about My Unit being a Monoblock....which it is, I have posted a reply with details of the LNB Unit.. Just One Coax and thats it...

There is a tree to the left of Hotbird line of sight, but I was able to move the dish to Astra on the Centred LNB and it picked it up loud and clear..

Riddim

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Another question Riddim, is one side of the LNb longer than the other?

R

Riddim

rolfw said:
Noticed that the LNb uses DiseqC 2.0, this may be the problem, i have heard that some of these will not work with DiseqC 1.2, see what the other choices of DiseqC are.

Do you have a link to where you bought it, or have a spec on it?

Rolf,

I bought the dish and receiver from someone I know.......He had it set up by a sat guy and I saw it working on both sats.........

I used all of his original settings too.....

His system was set up using the EASY Options

Under this interface, you are given lists to select from..

The LNB was set to "Universal LNB", as you can appreciate I tried every conceivable combination starting from what My friend told me should work.

It is very frustrating, but I have to say, I have learned quite a lot over these last couple of days thanks to your comments and Tom etc.. and being forced to search and consider other reasons why this doesn't work............ yet !

I'll have a look at the web site for the Mono Block "Brain Wave" ifr they have one...

Regards

Riddim

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've found the LNB, it's a Humax Brain Wave, but can you tell me what other DiseqC options you have on the Echostar?

R

Riddim

rolfw said:
I've found the LNB, it's a Humax Brain Wave, but can you tell me what other DiseqC options you have on the Echostar?

In the Easy Options Set up menu the choices for LNB's are as follows

Standard LNBF
Standard LNB
Enhanced LNBF
Enhanced LNB
Universal LNBF
Quatro LNBF
Quatro LNB
DBS LNBF
10.7 LNBF
DBS LNB
10.7 LNB
C-band LNB
C-band LNBF
C-SS LNBF

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the universal is correct, but what about the DiseqC type, you have it set at 1..4 at the moment, is there one for 1..2 and if there are other choices, what are they.

R

Riddim

rolfw said:
Yes, the universal is correct, but what about the DiseqC type, you have it set at 1..4 at the moment, is there one for 1..2 and if there are other choices, what are they.

In the Box in the easy setup options offering the DiseqC setting, there is no distinction here. There is just the on setting, the others are Tone Burst and so on. Breaking News.

I went to the Easy Options menu and browsed througfh the LNB Types and UREKA.......Astra was zooming through.........

I switched to the channel searcher and it had disappeared. I Know what you are thinking.......No I did not change anything.......I promise

I switched sats a couple of times and There it was again...........something is intermittent and I now have proof that the dish, as you pointed out, is aligned correctly, I was getting 60-75 % on the signal quality bar.

Before I pop any corks, I am currently scanning for channels so I have to wait to see whay happens when it gets to astra.

When it was working a little earlier, I switched to a channel and it said no signal, but at another point, there was a program working fine.

?????????????

Cant be cable because hotbird is rock steady..........confusing events ..

I'll post the results in a few minutes............

Thanks Again !!

Tom34

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
1m for 28°,23.5°, 19° and 13°E.
1m for 7°W.
0.8m for 68.5°E.
0.8m for 15W.
1.25 in cellar
Samsung HD; Pace DS430N, X-Sat 350, Topfield 5000 CI
My Location
Munich, Germany
Riddim said:
Tom,

I saw the note about My Unit being a Monoblock....which it is, I have posted a reply with details of the LNB Unit.. Just One Coax and thats it...

There is a tree to the left of Hotbird line of sight, but I was able to move the dish to Astra on the Centred LNB and it picked it up loud and clear..

Riddim

Riddim,

hmm, the tree is no problem then.
So it's either some setting problem or the LNB switch.
I have no experience with a monoblock, I'm only using single LNB's.

Astra 11798 H is encrypted (German Pay TV), won't give you much of a picture, I guess.

Can you change that to 12148 H 27,5 (3/4)? (TV Travel; God channel)

R

Riddim

rolfw said:

Gent's All seems to be OK Now......

I have 400 odd stations on Astra and many many more on hotbird. Theres some raunchy stuff on here.....Now I have to figure out how to prevent my kids from browsing this stuff :-)

The only thoughts I have on why this was so difficult to nail, is........

Is it possible that settings altered during this exercise, only become effective after some sort of reinitialisation, this would explain why things didn't burst into life when I made the changes............. I just cant think of anything else......... unless something could be sticky in the LNB for the Astra horn ???????

Anyway A big THANKYOU for your help Rolf And Tom ........

Now I start to learn about the Magic Cam and so on....should be fun

Thankyou Again......

Riddim