dish behind the window

ac1139

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120 cm PF, 180 cm offset.
My Location
100 km north of Vienna
Actually there is some kitchen cookware that does rather well as a subreflector.

Will get the exact dimensions tomorrow.

I am just curious. Can be used any wok pane? For example this one? It is from stainless steel and much cheaper. But is bigger. Thanks.

Attachments

• Wok-Stalgast-PL.jpg
    Wok-Stalgast-PL.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 7

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Can be used any wok pane?
Mission impossible, do not even try. All those kitchen items have only one focal point, but the SUB from Fibo dish has 2 focal points.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
I think that's from where I bought my very first sat system in 1991!

I "jumped straight in" with an NEC 5000 steerable system, including the demo-system dish and mount that was bolted to the outside front wall because I figured that it should be correctly set up in terms of elevation & declination, and so all I would have to do would be to get it pointed in the right direction when I got it home. OTOH I didn't then make it easy for myself by deciding to mount it on top of the front bedroom bay window and thus had to run all the cables through the attic and down to the downstairs rear lounge, but I eventually did all that and the system then worked well for quite a few years.

As for other, now defunct, sat shops, there was one in Croydon (also called Spectrum or something like that??) from which I bought my first Sky Digital system in 1998 (and then quite a few "pirate" cards for various decoders to attach to the receivers which replaced the NEC!)
how on earth did you persuade them to sell you the demo dish which was bolted onto the shops wall?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Mission impossible, do not even try. All those kitchen items have only one focal point, but the SUB from Fibo dish has 2 focal points.
It is somewhat bent having been dropped.

Offners.....