Dish for Nilesat 7w - newbie need of advice

kkw98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
non at present
My Location
London (Harrow)
Hi Guys,

I am new here and also new to satellite side of things, i have read through various guides etc but got a few questions if someone can answer.

I am based in Harrow, London as location will be important.

I am wanting to get the Pehla Asian Package which is on Nilesat 7W. Link for the channels and frequencies:

=http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/add.html

Now from reading on this satellite and how hard is it to get here in UK, from my understanding i stand a better chance if i were to use:

Gibertini 1.2M Dish with Inverto Black Ultra LNB.

Can anyone with the above setup confirm whether i stand a chance of getting this channels most of the times?

Also does anyone know any good installers down my side to come and install the above for me. I was looking to have it motorised.

Thanks in advance.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
There's very few transponders left on Nilesat 101, the majority having migrated to Atlantic Bird 7 (same arc spot, 7W), which I can easily receive on a 1.05M dish here in East Anglia.

I don't know for sure, but the remaining ones may go to AB7 from Nilesat 101 at some time in the future too. The package you are interested in are mostly on the horizontally polarised channels, which would be difficult to receive on 101 full time without a larger dish.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Channel hopper will know better about dish size in London for 7west.

I think you may be better off with a 1.5 or maybe 1.8m to stand more of a chance of receiving those channels but this depends too on location to install a large dish etc.

kkw98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
non at present
My Location
London (Harrow)
Channel hopper??

I dont think i will be able to put in a dish of 1.5 or greater, cant see it happening, firstly my wife wouldnt allow such a big beast in the garden for sure. I was hoping to mount 1.2 on the wall at back which would not have been as bad.

So is it easier to get Atlantic bird 7, if so any confirmed reports of what would be moving?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
AB7 is much easier - its a reasonably easy catch in Yorkshire!

There are no confirmed dates for the channels you want to move to any other satellite. In any case - they could be swapped over to Nilesat 201 - which is much MORE difficult to get than 101/102 in the uk!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
CH is one of our admins who lives not too far from you.

There are no confirmed dates for the channels you want to move to any other satellite. In any case - they could be swapped over to Nilesat 201 - which is much MORE difficult to get than 101/102 in the uk!

kkw98

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
non at present
My Location
London (Harrow)
Cool.

Thanks for all the replies, i will wait for when CH can reply and see what his take is on 7W from London.

I would be most happy if the package moved to the new bird as i could then get it for sure.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Analoguesat said:

maybe but I can't seem to receive anything off it at the present time