Dish help?

J

jim henderson

Hi folks,
Have found this forum very helpful and wondered whether so of you experts out there can help me.

I am about to go to Northern Italy (trento) to fit a sky system for a relative. I have bought a pace 2500 digibox and 42 cm minidish.
From what I have read this will be ok for the bbc channels but not for itv. My relative already has a 60cm solid dish....would this be better than my sky minidish......and.......what is the difference between a solid an mesh dish.....does one have more gain than the other????

Look forward to your replies

Thanks for reading this

Jim

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. From looking at the sticky thrad at the top of the forum, it would appear that an 85cm dish would be OK for Northern Italy, anything less may not provide continuous reception. You should get slightly better reception with a 60cm over a minidish and you'll probably find that the difference between a cheap solid and a cheap mesh dish of that size is small, the solids are generally considered to have better reception characteristics though.

J

jim henderson

thanks Rolf.

I have done so much research on this before i go but this forum seems to have provided much of the answers. if I could ask just one more question.........I am thinking of buying to take with me a Samsung 0.6db LNB to put onto the 60cm solid dish, would this be compatible with the Pace 2500????

Any further help would be much appreciated.

On my return i will post a note to tell others of my findings!!

Cheers

Jim

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't particularly know the LNB Jim, but providing that its a Universal it should be OK. There are some conflicts with certain receivers and LNBs, but this tends to be in fringe reception situations, there were a couple of posts regarding this a month or so back.

J

jim henderson

thanks again Rolf, I am not going until early November so I'll check back again soon.

Many thanks

Jim