Dish misaligned?

C

Crusty Burke

My Satellite Setup
Irish Sky sub, Freesat HD from 28.2 East, TNTSAT card in Dreambox 800HD and a Motorised Dish with a HTPC holding it all together
My Location
London
I have had everything up and running perfectly with my Dreambox up till yesterday evening. Stupidly I connected an old analogue receiver to my dish and answered the doorbell. While I was out of the room the dish had moved itself right over to its extreme west side as the analogue receiver was sending a DiseqC signal to the motor. I reconnected my Dreambox and restarted it, and tuned to Das Erste on Astra 19.2E. The box worked fine but when I retuned to BBC World the signal started to break up and was lost. Now I find I need to restart the Dreambox to watch some channels even if they are on the same satellite. I have the second tuner connected to my Sky dish and if a tune now fails on the first tuner I can't get anything at all on the DB without restarting it first.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try sending the dish to zero or reference point, it is unlikely that the dish is misaligned.

C

Crusty Burke

My Satellite Setup
Irish Sky sub, Freesat HD from 28.2 East, TNTSAT card in Dreambox 800HD and a Motorised Dish with a HTPC holding it all together
My Location
London
Great stuff - I set the dish to zero point in the postioner menu, rebooted the box and all seems fine now. :)

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well done. :)