My Satellite Setup
23 LCD SONY TV
10Mbit CABLE + TV
MCE2005 PC (Giving me grief)
XBOX 360 as extender
My Location
london
Hi all,

Firstly found a few sat forums and this is definately the best, found a lot of good info.

Definately going to be purchasing a 90cm motorised system soon, problem being is my house faces pretty much south and the mrs is less than happy about having a big dish on the front of our house as its not exactly a big place.

Ive attached a pic of the house, with current mini dish pointing to astra 28.

Any suggestions as to how i could mount it?

I was thinking of climbing on the garage, then putting on a pole at the rear? would the pole need to be too big to get a clear view?

ideas?

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
i would think garage is a no no as house would intefer,
are u losing the sk* dish,
have you thought about transparent dishes or colour co-ordinated ones (women love that word), have a talk with wife and tell her she can pick the colour,
apart from that maybe along the gable peeking above the roof, although were not a big lover of this unless its extremely solid:(

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
looking at that picture . i would say if you put the dish at the rear you wouldnt get due south and posible 13 - 19 would be out.. unless indeed.. you have the pole higher.. but having a 90cm dish and a motor on top of a pole wouldnt be very safe..

how big is your back garden ??

drevil2nd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
23 LCD SONY TV
10Mbit CABLE + TV
XBOX 360 as extender
My Location
london
back gardens not deep enough, runs along the back of the house and garage.

I think more her problem is that weve not been in long and she doesnt want me upsetting the new neighbours with a big dish! I say sod em, but shes has more concern.

I think painted dishes look a bit more obvious (once you know its there), so if i have to mount it on the front, perhaps a transparent, or a black mesh one will have to suffice :(

cheers chaps

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could probably pull in the whole arc where I have illustrated, if not, then the flanks wall but on the front slope would work well, perhaps with a transparent dish as you suggest. :)

drevil2nd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
23 LCD SONY TV
10Mbit CABLE + TV
XBOX 360 as extender
My Location
london
thanks for that.

so if it clears the roof at the highest point, then the rest of the arc should clear as the obstruction moves further away, correct?

If so i think i could mount it there without it being to high.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not exactly, but as the lowest point will be passing across the roof at an angle, that should not present a problem. It'd be trial and error, but I'm sure that you could get it to work from the rear location. :)

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
I have mine on a patio scaffold pole with 4 legs and heavy weights, it is a bit unsightly but I'm going to put a trellis behind to disguise it. My house is like yours facing south/ south east. I am only interested in 28e to 30w.at the moment.

drevil2nd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
23 LCD SONY TV
10Mbit CABLE + TV
XBOX 360 as extender
My Location
london
may as well give it a go aye! Seeing as though i dont have to balance on a ladder there.

thanks for your help, now to choose my kit :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You may still need to use a roof ladder to make setting up the dish easier, as it will be well out of reach.