dish question

thassian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Dish, Hivion 9090x decoder, amstrad skybox
My Location
Thassos, Greece
Hi

I live in greece and have been given a hivion 9090x decoder and a amstrad Sky box (not sure if the sky box works) plus a 1.2 meter dish, however the dish looks like someone has replaced the the back bracket resulting in 4 extra holes which have been plug with nuts and bolts (bolts to the front of dish) so my question is will the dish still work or do i need to replace it.

Many Thanks

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
As long as the dish's parabolic shape hasn't been disrupted, it should still work fine... :)

The only way to find out though is to try it, you don't have to mount it, just sit it on the ground or an Analoguesat patented Satellite dish ground mount (aka Car Tyre!!!), and find a satellite to try it on... :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It will be fine. The area/gain lost by the exess bolt holes is neglible compared to the size of the dish.

If you wanted to cover the holes up, you could use self-adhesive copper tape.