Dish Setup Help Needed Please!!!

faisalpandu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Got a DreamBox
My Location
UK
Hi

Need some help with configuration of dish setup. Currently have two dishes. One is the sly dish (quad lnb) and one is motorised dish (single lnb). Motorised is 36V motor dish.

What I would like to do is run the connection of both the dishes to two rooms.

The current setup is in one room Sky+HD box is connected to sly dish.

Can i run another two line feed from this to box in another room.

I understand that only one reciever can control motorised dish which is o.k. I have seen diseqc switch mentioned. Would i need to get two diseqc switch one for each room.

My ideal scenario is to have both dishes connected to each box (DM800HD) in each room. Both rooms can watch fixed dish at any time together (sly dish). One room can only control the motorised dish. I want to have to two boxes (dreambox 800HD) one in each room. I want the DM to in each room to be connected to both the sly dish and motorised dish. I also want to have the ability for each box in each room to record one channel and watch another.

If one box (whcih controls motor) is watchin 13E the other box if connected to motorised dish can watch channels on 13E.

What I would like to know is what LNB to get for each dish and also what diseqc switch i need and what cable run i need from dish to lnb. I would like to have the opportunity to record one and watch another channel as well.

Thanks

xavk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dishes:
Triax110 fixed to 5,9,13,16,19. Sky mini dish with Octo LNB. Triax88 on TM2200 rotor with quad LNB
Receivers:
Dm800 (5,9,13,16,19,28+rotor), TM500, TM600, DM500 (all 13,19,28+rotor)
My Location
East London
I think I got that.

To allow both rooms to view the motorised dish you will need to change the LNB to a dual.

For both boxes to also see the sky dish at the same time as the motorised dish, you will need a 2x1 diseqc switch for each box (ie 2). You will then need a cable from the disecq switch to each receiver.

The Sky HD can't be used for anything other than Sky so for full viewing in both rooms, you will need other receivers. The as they only have 1 tuner, DM800s have a VERY limited watch and record function (when recording, you can only watch something on the same transponder which is barely worth having). The DM8000 or the Vu+ Duo can offer the same broad features as the DM800 but also allow full recording whilst watching another channel but this would require adding a quad LNB to your motorised dish, two more diseqc switches and an extra cable from each of the new switches to the receivers (ie a total of two cables to each receiver).

faisalpandu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Got a DreamBox
My Location
UK
xavk said:
I think I got that.

To allow both rooms to view the motorised dish you will need to change the LNB to a dual.

For both boxes to also see the sky dish at the same time as the motorised dish, you will need a 2x1 diseqc switch for each box (ie 2). You will then need a cable from the disecq switch to each receiver.

The Sky HD can't be used for anything other than Sky so for full viewing in both rooms, you will need other receivers. The as they only have 1 tuner, DM800s have a VERY limited watch and record function (when recording, you can only watch something on the same transponder which is barely worth having). The DM8000 or the Vu+ Duo can offer the same broad features as the DM800 but also allow full recording whilst watching another channel but this would require adding a quad LNB to your motorised dish, two more diseqc switches and an extra cable from each of the new switches to the receivers (ie a total of two cables to each receiver).

Hi Mate

Thanks for reply. I think I know what to get now. I am hopefully going to invest in two VU+ DUO if I can get hold of them. Heard very good reviews of this box.

So in summary this is what I need

Motorised Dish Quad Lnb
Sly Dish Quad Lnb

4 (2x1 Diseqc Switches)

How would the cable run go into the diseqc switches. From Sly dish I will have two cables going into each room and also from motorised dish two cable going into each room.

Thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
For the VU+ DUO receivers then 4 x 2 way DiSEqC switches. For the 800hd then 2 switches.

private4587

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish with twin LNB, fixed dish with quad LNB
Dreambox 800HD and TM9100 receivers
Pentium 4
My Location
North East UK
I am hoping to have a similar setup but I am only going to use sly dish for freesat. I already have a switch fitted for the sly dish and can switch this no problem. My problem is with the motorised dish i.e. where do I position the switch and what should the config setup be with in the DM800? any assistance much appreciated.

faisalpandu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Got a DreamBox
My Location
UK
satelliteman said:
For the VU+ DUO receivers then 4 x 2 way DiSEqC switches. For the 800hd then 2 switches.

Thanks for reply. Still abit confused on how the cable run will work into diseqc switches. I will be getting two vu+duo. Could you please help.

Thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
faisalpandu said:
Thanks for reply. Still abit confused on how the cable run will work into diseqc switches. I will be getting two vu+duo. Could you please help.

Thanks

Example - attached image showing DiSEqC switch wiring configuration for three feeds. Might give you an idea :)

Attachments

• diseqc.jpg
    diseqc.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 56