Dish size for Atlantic Bird 4A (7°W) ?

Hi,

I hava a Channel Master 2.4m and can not pick up any transponders on Atlantic Bird 24/7 in the Midlands.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 006.webp
    Picture 006.webp
    263.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture 013.webp
    Picture 013.webp
    148.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture 009.webp
    Picture 009.webp
    172.2 KB · Views: 58
Thanks.

Is there a differcence between pick up 7°W and 7.2°W with a big dish ?

Any one has a bigger dish than kimbo ?

Thanks

kimbo said:
Hi,

I hava a Channel Master 2.4m and can not pick up any transponders on Atlantic Bird 24/7 in the Midlands.
 
mous to help in answering technical questions please fill your location in correctly - "S&M" is no help to anyone, and your ip address resolves to France despite your asking for help in England.

The nearest big town is enough in the UK, a country elsewhere in Europe.

It might not seem important but if someone makes an incorrect assumption on where you are located you will get incorrect information supplied.

Edit - I see you are in Eastbourne, so I'll change your profile for you.
 
I am in Swansea using a 2.4M dish too for 7West i can`t pick up,any transponders on Atlantic Bird 4A.
 
It's fairly conclusive that you'll possibly require a 3m+ for any chance of 'reliable reception' of AB4A even for the location given earlier of Eastbourne.
 
Oh yes I'd missed that important bit of info. Ive changed his profile location :)
 
I think that we can receive AB4A under 3m.... anyone have a big dish and try it ?

satelliteman said:
It's fairly conclusive that you'll possibly require a 3m+ for any chance of 'reliable reception' of AB4A even for the location given earlier of Eastbourne.
 
mous75 said:
I think that we can receive AB4A under 3m.... anyone have a big dish and try it ?

We know a 2.4m doesnt work in Swansea or the Midlands, and thats about as big as most folk get in the UK due to the lack of places to put them.

There are very very few 3m dishes in the UK!
 
Excuse me. There is a mistake. I think that we CAN'T receive AB4A with a dish under 3m

Analoguesat said:
We know a 2.4m doesnt work in Swansea or the Midlands, and thats about as big as most folk get in the UK due to the lack of places to put them.

There are very very few 3m dishes in the UK!
 
Back
Top