dish tv india conax card in dreambox

zafarjoia

Reaction score
how can i use my original dish tv india conax card in dreambox dm500. This card is married with box. any expert here???????????????

baloch

Reaction score
I have got this stb called Envision en-500, its linux based and same clone of dreambox 500, and i dont know what image they have used on it, its running the dish tv package, i know normally zanega or kaon are paired with their cards, but this box is running the package with a conax card on it, anyone have any idea ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would have thought that CCCam would work with the Conax card.

alanpaladka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500-S,
12FT & 6FT Prime focus dishes,
IS 10 & 12/Telstar 18/Insat 2E & 4B
My Location
India
Yes. You have to use CCcam. It works with Dish TV.

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Yes you are also right, But we can Have it on Newcamd and Gbox Tooo...!

happymmr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon
My Location
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Can u help me to configure CCcam to work with Dishtv

email address removed - admin

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please do not post email addresses - any info supplied should be available to all our members.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
it may be different with dish tv but for a $ky card in the uk all you do is download the latest cccam .tar.bz file and place it in tmp folder, manual install, select the cccam emulator, insert the card and wait for the channel to come on. (this could take anything from about 30minutes to a day).

If i'm wrong can somebody please correct me.

happymmr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon
My Location
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Sharkadder said:
it may be different with dish tv but for a $ky card in the uk all you do is download the latest cccam .tar.bz file and place it in tmp folder, manual install, select the cccam emulator, insert the card and wait for the channel to come on. (this could take anything from about 30minutes to a day).

If i'm wrong can somebody please correct me.

can u please tell us what is the logic behind this to wait 30minutes to a day ????

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Yes i want to know the same...!

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Too be honest i don't know the logic, the thing is i had to wait a while for the card to become clear when using a FTV $ky card here in the UK.

Read up on some topics in this section about using a $ky card in dreambox, it may be different for dishTV im not sure but i know that theres at least 1 person on this forum who can explain what the waiting procedure is all about.

I think it's something to do with they have to send you something via satellite before the card can become in use and this only happens at certain times (hence the waiting time), maybe i'm wrong but somebody can clear that one up for you.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If it was an ftv card it had probably missed one of its stay alive signals. If so its anything from half an hour to 2 days for all the ftv channels to reappear and the card to fully reactivate.

A normal active subs card should be fully operational from the word go.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
nicely cleared up that man :D

syedamerali

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
Pakistan
We all seem to have drifted from the main point - so how does the card work with gbox - can somebody post a step by step guide?

syedamerali

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
Pakistan
:-rofl2Helloooo awful quiet out there ......
When I stick in the Dish tv card with gbox running it reads its serial number.
when I do it with CCcam just nothing. I would like to run my Dish tv card with CCcam on a Dreambox 500S has anybody actually done it?
If so, could somebody please post a detailed guide
kindest regards

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its awfully quiet as many of the regulars wont discuss gbox. Its main application is for card sharing purposes, and many discussions of it tend to drift into the area of

"I want to watch the the MegaHardCore Channel who will share a card with me"

which is against our rules......

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
Discussion any thing regarding CS....! Looks be against the rules, ths why till now no topic evolved.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not quite - we will allow discussion of how to actually get it running, BUT we dont allow folks to offer or ask for card shares.

Gbox is a bit of a strange one as it was never meant for public release. The release notes with it state that its not for public discussion, and many sites just totally forbid discussion of it. Although many of our regular members use it / have experience of it they voluntarily follow the authors request for secrecy and wont join in discussion of it.

As you cant force anyone to talk about a particular topic on a hobby forum threads about the topic tend to die off very quickly.

I tried it a year or so back and found it to be horribly complicated to set up - and couldnt get it working anyway!

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
I dident get your Line....! Bro

" I tried it a year or so back and found it to be horribly complicated to set up - and couldnt get it working anyway! "

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
:D

I tried gbox.
I failed to get it to do anything useful