DishTv info

C

cooltarun

Member
Messages
3
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
--
My Location
India
#1
I am Tarun from Delhi, India. I am new to this DTH world and would like to get some info. I am planning to go for the dth offering from DishTv (Zee). I would like to know will I be able to watch other fta channels which are not offered by DishTv in Delhi? If yes then how? Will I need to buy a seperate lnb/receiver or the one which comes with dishtv is sufficient(universal) ?. Thanks.
 
Hareesh

Hareesh

Regular Member
Messages
626
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
#2
cooltarun said:
I am Tarun from Delhi, India. I am new to this DTH world and would like to get some info. I am planning to go for the dth offering from DishTv (Zee). I would like to know will I be able to watch other fta channels which are not offered by DishTv in Delhi? If yes then how? Will I need to buy a seperate lnb/receiver or the one which comes with dishtv is sufficient(universal) ?. Thanks.
Let the experienced DISH TV members may give their comments!!
 
C

cooltarun

Member
Messages
3
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
--
My Location
India
#3
It would be great if any dishtv owners can throw some light :)
 
Hareesh

Hareesh

Regular Member
Messages
626
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
#4
cooltarun said:
It would be great if any dishtv owners can throw some light :)
Hi Khuja and others pls help cooltarun.
 
A

Agent-mith11

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#5
hi tarun
so nobody have answered ur queries untill now but i ll try.
so u r planning to buy dish tv.the offer i think u r talking is dish har chat par
the price is INR 3990Rs for the set-top box, 60cm dish plus univeral LNB.But cable wire and installation charges are extra plus extra for any octroi or taxes.but if u can do the installation ur self u can save some hundred bucks.
next is the package; the default package u ll get with it is dish welcome.counting 75channels.
the channnels in this package r not so amusing u ll get all the b***sh*t
nothing else but if spent 1000 extra u ll get all the packages frm dishTv
a total of 110 channel according to dishtv for one year.

I would like to know will I be able to watch other fta channels which are not offered by DishTv in Delhi?If yes then how?
the simple answer is yes u ll be able to watch other fta channels.just point ur dish towards the satellite u want to view and tune ur recevier to the desired
frequency and watch.but if u r not satisfied with my answer then u need to read guides in the forum and spend sum good time in understanding the satellite science.
Will I need to buy a seperate lnb/receiver or the one which comes with dishtv is sufficient(universal) ?
u dont need to buy any other receiver but u ll need to buy C band lnb plus dish if want C band reception and it depends on which channels u want to watch and are those channels on C band or KU band and is ur area in the satellite signal footprints.if u only want to watch KU band reception within India u dont need to buy anything extra.And the only reception of KU Band
with 90cm dish beamed to india is NSS6.

So I think I ve messed up enough so if u have any additional questions ask
away in the forum we r here to help u
Good bye
Agent$mith11
 
K

khuja

Fed up with Zee DTH
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dishtv DTH from Zee and Zenega receiver
My Location
India
#6
What agentsmith pointed out is correct . But I think they are giving 60cm dish only(earlier they were giving 60cm. I am not sure what they are giving now)

Also you will end up seeing only what is beamed from NSS6 ie Dishtv as wellas DD Direct plus which is free.(As you cannot change the direction of dish often)
None of these at present contains SONY as well as STAR channels(except ESPN-Star sports).
Also in the Present Dish offer of 3990 , Receiver is their proprty We are only renting it. After One year you have to pay rent of around 120 Rs per month as rent alone. They will also sign an agreement that u will be continu as their subscribr for 5 years( these information about these offer, i gathered from my friend , Pl check the correctness)
 
A

Agent-mith11

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#7
Hi khuja
yes u r right friend they r giving 60 cm dish i just mistyped 90cm.
and yes the receiver is propery of dish tv and we r bonded with them for five years and have to pay rent of it in installment but i m not aware of what amount per month.and after five years the equipment is customers property. but i ve an question if we refuse to pay subscription after 1 year what will they do will they take away the equipment?or is there a way to ----- you know what i m saying
GoodBye
Agent$mith11
 
Hareesh

Hareesh

Regular Member
Messages
626
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
#8
Agent$mith11 said:
Hi khuja
yes u r right friend they r giving 60 cm dish i just mistyped 90cm.
and yes the receiver is propery of dish tv and we r bonded with them for five years and have to pay rent of it in installment but i m not aware of what amount per month.and after five years the equipment is customers property. but i ve an question if we refuse to pay subscription after 1 year what will they do will they take away the equipment?or is there a way to ----- you know what i m saying
GoodBye
Agent$mith11
Once the Sky,Sun and BPCL?? start transmission I am sure that nobody will be there to watch the DISH TV unless otherwise they come up with some customer friendly and easy to use system.My advice to the members who like to take the DISH TV connection is that pls ask the delaers about all the hidden traps that may cause problems in future.
 
K

khuja

Fed up with Zee DTH
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dishtv DTH from Zee and Zenega receiver
My Location
India
#9
Yes u r correct har_3100. Also they r always telling star and sony is coming . but till now there is no information. Also when started the rate is 7000 (i took it on that scheme),they increased it to 8990 and then telling that u take it for 3990 with a discount of 5000! (and not owning the receiver) Just fooling the customers.
 
G

geeky1

who am i ? whence am i ?
Messages
216
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
eternal bliss
My Location
illusion
#10
The Equipment STB+ DISH is OWNED by the SUbscriber and is PROPERTY of the SUBSCRIber IT IS NOT ON RENT and NEED not be returned.

"dishtv "Har Chhat Par" scheme gives consumers more than 86 channels for Rs 3,990, which includes the cost of a digital set top box, satellite dish antenna, installation fees and subscription charges for one year" ---- www.zeetelevision.com/html/NewsCenter.asp?Content=112

You can verify it at the toll free no also..

and 3990 includes the cost of indtallation and all taxes...

if somebody is asking for more he is cheating....


so if YOUR DEALER says that is is on RENT he is lying..
__
 
C

cooltarun

Member
Messages
3
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
--
My Location
India
#11
so do u guys recommend dishtv offering? or do I have a choice of buying my own 60cm dish with universal lnb/receiver and watch the fta channels? Can I watch channels from other [size=-1]satellites as well apart from NSS6?
[/size]
 
A

Agent-mith11

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#12
yes at price 0f 3990 dish tv is good offer. go buy it buddy but if u buy fta receiver there will not gain much cause there r only a few good fta channels in india.but with dishtv u can have a little more and maybe someday dish tv is h***ed then u will have more benefit or else u can buy a cam to watch any other subscription.maybe when star launch there dth u ll only have to buy there subscription and nothing more.

and friends i found sum encrypted channels on satellite named panamsat 12 at 45E also know as europe star at transponder 11591v 27345the channels r discovery,national geographic, zoom,history
pogo etc the encryption is irdt. I also found sum fta channels at frequency 11556v 5860 like maharishi, Rik veda etc any clues?
 
Hareesh

Hareesh

Regular Member
Messages
626
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
#13
Agent$mith11 said:
yes at price 0f 3990 dish tv is good offer. go buy it buddy but if u buy fta receiver there will not gain much cause there r only a few good fta channels in india.but with dishtv u can have a little more and maybe someday dish tv is h***ed then u will have more benefit or else u can buy a cam to watch any other subscription.maybe when star launch there dth u ll only have to buy there subscription and nothing more.

and friends i found sum encrypted channels on satellite named panamsat 12 at 45E also know as europe star at transponder 11591v 27345the channels r discovery,national geographic, zoom,history
pogo etc the encryption is irdt. I also found sum fta channels at frequency 11556v 5860 like maharishi, Rik veda etc any clues?
What is your system setup?Which STB you are using and the dish size?
 
K

khuja

Fed up with Zee DTH
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dishtv DTH from Zee and Zenega receiver
My Location
India
#14
11591v 27345 is the Srilankan DTH cbnsat they have just started their service

Agent$mith11 said:
yes at price 0f 3990 dish tv is good offer. go buy it buddy but if u buy fta receiver there will not gain much cause there r only a few good fta channels in india.but with dishtv u can have a little more and maybe someday dish tv is h***ed then u will have more benefit or else u can buy a cam to watch any other subscription.maybe when star launch there dth u ll only have to buy there subscription and nothing more.

and friends i found sum encrypted channels on satellite named panamsat 12 at 45E also know as europe star at transponder 11591v 27345the channels r discovery,national geographic, zoom,history
pogo etc the encryption is irdt. I also found sum fta channels at frequency 11556v 5860 like maharishi, Rik veda etc any clues?
 
Hareesh

Hareesh

Regular Member
Messages
626
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
#15
khuja said:
11591v 27345 is the Srilankan DTH cbnsat they have just started their service
From NSS6?FTA?
 
K

khuja

Fed up with Zee DTH
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dishtv DTH from Zee and Zenega receiver
My Location
India
#16
NO yaar it is from Europe star 45E and it is encrypted service. Ihave seen the news about these channel some where, that is all
har_3100 said:
From NSS6?FTA?
 
A

Agent-mith11

Regular Member
Messages
15
Likes
0
#17
so europestar at 45e 11591v 27345 is beamed for srilanka?
by the way u can receive it by a typical 60cm dish without any problem
but the stream is encrypted IRDT :(
just for R&D :)
 
S

subodh_ssm

Member
Messages
2
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
dishtv india
My Location
india
#18
can i see adult tv on dishtv network
i am from sasaram bihar
near varansi
 
S

subodh_ssm

Member
Messages
2
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
dishtv india
My Location
india
#19
can i see any adult channel on dishtv network in Bihar
 
Top