DM 500 Question

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
Hello all,

I have just loaded the Gemini image to my box and networked everthing all running fine, how do I upload Radergast contol panel and Newcamd and keys E.T.C

I have Fashwizard pro and the dreambox editor,do I downlod the cams and contol panel and transfer them some how, Iam stuck and can't figure how to do this,any helpers would be most welcome,

Thanks,

Jagga :-doh!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
jagga said:
Hello all,

I have just loaded the Gemini image to my box and networked everthing all running fine, how do I upload Radergast contol panel and Newcamd and keys E.T.C

I have Fashwizard pro and the dreambox editor,do I downlod the cams and contol panel and transfer them some how, Iam stuck and can't figure how to do this,any helpers would be most welcome,

Thanks,

You can download cams with the blue button or you can download the Gemeni Manager Programme for cams & Keys.

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
john_graydon said:
You can download cams with the blue button or you can download the Gemeni Manager Programme for cams & Keys.

Thanks for the reply john graydon,

I have tried that, when, I go to the section about cams in the image it's only giving me one option of a common interface cam and no other,

Im using the Gemini Image at the moment. Is there a software around were you can put the cams and the keys in the Var Folder Manually and then load them through the Image manually,

Jagga

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
jagga said:
Thanks for the reply john graydon,

I have tried that, when, I go to the section about cams in the image it's only giving me one option of a common interface cam and no other,

Im using the Gemini Image at the moment. Is there a software around were you can put the cams and the keys in the Var Folder Manually and then load them through the Image manually,

Jagga

Try this
Press blue button/highlight Common Interface/pross ok/if nothing comes up under C Interface then no cams are loaded. If newcamd or any other one comes up highlight it and press ok. It will then tell you that newcamd is starting.

To download a cam press blue button/addons/ download and install/cam/newcamd v 6.10/ok

You should see the download info on screen
Download the programme IHAD GEMENI MANAGER it will do all this for you and enter the keys as well.

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
Thanks John,

I have done what you said and the isn't any other optcion it just says common intrface,the is no other cam to offer even when i go to addons and press the button I just get a blank screen with Download on the top so I suppose I haven't got any cams or keys downloaded really any other Idea's,

Thaks again,

jagga

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
jagga said:
I have done what you said and the isn't any other optcion it just says common intrface

I take it your Dreambox is connected to the Internet?

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
Yes I have connected to the internet,do you think thats were my problem will lie/

jagga

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
jagga said:
do you think thats were my problem will lie

Just checking, the 500 doesn't have much memory so you have to clear enough space to load the CAM. If you have any game remove them and any satellite settings you cannot receive all will save space.

You should be OK to load one SCAM - try Newcamd (best at present) - if you cannot do it using the blue button then you will have to download it to your PC and FTP it to your Dreambox.

Where it goes and what you do are in the guide - any extra help just ask.

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
Thanks Gameboy,

I think the problem does lie within the connection to the Internet,It does tell me that the dreambox is connected but when It comes to downloading anything it gives me a red cross and some writing about something the annoying thing is It doesnt stay on long enough for me to read it.

I have flash wizard pro for a ftp will I be able to use this to transfer the cams and keys I need for my box? i have had communication with the flash wizard pro because I have saved one of my previous Image with the software.

Jagga

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
jagga said:
I think the problem does lie within the connection

Have you checked the connection settings?

How is the DB connected? Does it connect through your PC or a router using DHCP?

If you can give as much detail as possible I'm sure some one can help.

That's the best option as you can update with a few button presses.

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
Hi Gameboy,

My Dreambox is connected through my PC my mother board has two LAN connections. I have a the network cable I'm using at the moment is just plugged into the one of the LAN connections

I have a ADSL MODEM for my Broadband which is connected via one of my USB ports, on my old motherboard. I installed a network card and had a little box that my network cable use to connect to. I have had this connection on my new motherboard but I took it off because it doesn't really make a difference.

Jagga

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
What operating system are you using?

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
Windows xp with service pack-2, When your on the internet withyour ADSL modem can you also download keys and cams on the Dreambox or can't you run the two.

I have noticed that when i check my connection with the d-box the time is running like Im on line and sending out communication but the is nothing coming back from the net.

minortom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
Household LAN
Linux servers (no doze here)
My Location
Berkshire
jagga said:
I have noticed that when i check my connection with the d-box the time is running like Im on line and sending out communication but the is nothing coming back from the net.

Sounds like you're not NATing the outgoing packets ? ... not sure how you would do this
with a 'DOZE' box ... for me it's a setting on my ADSL (routing) modem

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
minortom said:
Sounds like you're not NATing the outgoing packets ? ... not sure how you would do this
with a 'DOZE' box ... for me it's a setting on my ADSL (routing) modem

Im up and runing Now with the Gemini Image and the Camd-3777 so thing are looking good,

The next question Im want to know is what Footy Channesl clear on what Sat using the Gemini Image with the latest Cam, Prem Games,and 1st Division.

Thanks Jagga, ;)

minortom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
Household LAN
Linux servers (no doze here)
My Location
Berkshire
jagga said:
Im up and runing Now with the Gemini Image and the Camd-3777 so thing are looking good,

it would be nice if you said how you fixed the problem, so others can learn for this.

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
minortom said:
it would be nice if you said how you fixed the problem, so others can learn for this.

This is how I got around the problem,but there may be different ways of achieving the same.

In Winxp go into the control panel and then network connections or go via network setup wizard(if you have win xp service pack 2 installed)

Click on Setup home or small office network

clicking next until you see Select a connection method

Look at the options tick the appropriate box ie This computer connects to the internet through a residental gateway or through another computer on my network.

Click next and name it.

Next (i turned off file and printer sharing but should be ok if you allow if you wish) then click next and you will see a computer screen and a house a few seconds you are almost done screen appears, click just finish the wizard and click finish.

Ok right click on that new connection you have made under general make sure tcp/ip is ticked highlight it then properties select use the following Ip address
we will say use 192.168.1.23 and subnet 255.255.255.0.

TURN OFF ANY FIREWALLS INCLUDING WINXP FIREWALL.

Now right click on the connection you use for your internet
and then properties, then goto advanced and tick allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection click ok then ok again.

Then Making sure your net connection is active

Click the start button then Run

Type in the run box cmd in winxp/2000 or command in win98

This will bring a box up

Type Ipconfig/all this will then bring up all the info you need.

Note the DNS SERVERS write these down.

Now goto the Dreambox make sure it is on then press the dream button on the remote control, this will bring up a menu you need to locate the setup section(location may vary from image to image but on Hydra it is usually 6)

Expert Setup then communication set up.

A box will open communication setup

Ip address
Netmask
Type
Nameserver
Gateway

A typical setup would be note the ip address is almost the same as the one on the network connection you made earlier.

Ip address 192.168.1.05
netmask 255.255.255.0

Type is LAN

Nameserver is one the DNS entry you wrote down(from ipconfig/all) if the first one doesnt work try the second.

Gateway is the ip address from the tcp/ip settings in network.

Okay if i have written this correctly and you have followed it, you should now be able to connect to the net via your dreambox to update the softcams and keys etc.

In hydra you usually need to download the latest control panel - switch off dreambox and then download latest keys etc from there by pressing usually the green button etc.

(On most images the softcams menu is accessed by pressing the blue button on the remote)

So update your softcams and your keys this depends on your image but most up to date images dont really need updating unless there as been a softcam change ie seca or conax as changed.

You should now be recieving and viewing hacked channels.

--

If you are not fully networked and cant update this way you need to do it via a ftp program i use FlashFxp

Input your Dreambox Ip address and port 21 (see networking above)

Username root

Password dreambox (unless you are using a firmware where the password has been changed ie sandbox)

click Connect

and you should see

several folders including

bin
dev
etc
hdd
lib
proc
sbin
tmp
var
mnt

If you see all or some of these you are connected to the inside of your dreambox

You must then download the latest latest keys and softcams etc from elsewhere on the net and install them via the ftp into the dreambox following the instructions that came with the files..

the rsakeylist goes to var/scce

And follow the instructions that usually acompany the files you download.

Now if you want to use your firewall you must configure it to allow the dreambox etc (this varies from firewall to firewall).

Some useful things...

Not networked?

Test firewall.

The server may be down that has the latest files etc

Try this open a new internet browser window then type the ip address of the dreambox in the address window ie 192.168.1.05

and if connected you will see a screen with various things on it you can scan the electronic program guide etc

Once fully networked why not try streaming media where you can be watching the dreambox image on your pc etc, or listen to webradio on your dreambox etc.

Hope this helps

Thanks to Imcal,from UK sat forum,

Jagga ;)

jagga

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
minortom said:

It would have been nice to get a thankyou for the reply :confused

Jagga

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Jagga - I'll thank you - good information that will be sure to help others - maybe minortom hasn't been back since his last poet.

Keep up the good work...

All information that can help others :-Welcome1

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
hi gameboy
i re-scaned the hotbird 13 looking for multivision on gemini , unfortunately not on the channels list , did scan manually after putting the correct frequency, etc
it says no channels found .......?

any advice

cheers