Asus M3AMVP
Creative Audigy
TT 500W PSU
Silver Stone TJ-10
Dream Box DM500-S
My Location
Bahrain
Hey Guyz, im new here :)

Dont know much about Dream boxes in general got mine yesterday, im having problems with my dish gonna get a new one, coz the signal is low and mine is quite old, anywayz wanted to ask you guyz what are the options of recording from the 500-S to a dvd recorder or hardrive or is if possible directly to the pc, what would i need, and which is better.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Mods said:

Dont know much about Dream boxes in general got mine yesterday, im having problems with my dish gonna get a new one, coz the signal is low and mine is quite old, anywayz wanted to ask you guyz what are the options of recording from the 500-S to a dvd recorder or hardrive or is if possible directly to the pc, what would i need, and which is better.

I recommend a DVD recorder, if you have one. It is quieter and will let you have your PC do what a PC is supposed to do.
Also make DVD directly instead of the hassle of making one using a PC and software applications.
The recording to PC can chew up a lot of the resources, unless you have a really good hardware.

Mods

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD-6400 @3.4
4GB -Mushkin
ATI- 3870
Asus M3AMVP
Creative Audigy
TT 500W PSU
Silver Stone TJ-10
Dream Box DM500-S
My Location
Bahrain
im sure my pc will handle it, the dvd recorder was my second option i would prefer it to go to my pc becuase i intend on watching it on my pc, not to put it on a dvd, i have the space on my HDD + i have an extra 320GB HDD, so how would i be able to just record it to the pc, many thanks bro :)

D

deleted

theres a cracking proggy called Mfraj dreambox viewer it lets you record to pc too through ftp

mashster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo (Open PLi) Sats: Telstar 12, Atlantic Bird 3 (C), Sirius 4.8E, Eutelsat W3A, Eutelsat W2A and Intelsat 7 & 10 (C & Ku)
My Location
South Africa
Mods! Do what every new dreambox owner does, read, read, read, how else are you going to know how your dreambox works!

There is a variety of topics that handle this particular subject ...

Search for: Ngrab, VLC, NFS, CIFS and so forth,

Otherwise I would also recommend you get yourself a DVD recorder and play those DVD's on your computer
Mods said: