dm500hd frozen

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
im running de1.3.3 and tried to reboot after scanning a tp , i tried to reboot using remote and selecting dreamelite shutdown then restart , box turned off then on and green light flashed a couple of times then picture froze when dreamelite logo was on screen and i cant get it off ive tried unplugging box and turning off and on with switch on rear but still is froze and doesnt respond to remote . please help

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Try the follwoing:
1. Boot it as far as it will go.
2. Open a telnet session to the dreambox, if it will allow you. I think you will be able to connect as you see the dreamelite screen meaning enigma has kicked off and therefore Linux must be running.
3. Log in then do "init 4 <enter>".
4. run enigma "enigma2<enter>"

This will produce a lot of output to the telnet screen which you can look at to see if you can spot the problem - look for errors.

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
ive finally got it going again by leaving it for a while before turning it back on , it took about ten goes , but ive been reading on other forums to keep away from the dreamelite images as these are making alot of boxes crash , as anyone else had trouble with the de1.3.3 image . i was wondering if i should try gemini or the de1.0 . please can i have some advice . thanks

D

deleted

dave are you being a bit impatient with your box after rebootong the box can take a while whilst it rearanges what you have done , give it time to respond

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
davemaden said:
ive finally got it going again by leaving it for a while before turning it back on , it took about ten goes , but ive been reading on other forums to keep away from the dreamelite images as these are making alot of boxes crash , as anyone else had trouble with the de1.3.3 image . i was wondering if i should try gemini or the de1.0 . please can i have some advice . thanks

I had de 1.3.3 in my Box (an 800hd) but I found Gemini 5 to be more stable than de.

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
@dale094 , ive left box for ages and its just froze , i had also d/loaded satmate and rytec for the epg , so wasnt sure if having two sites for epg was causing a problem , so have only d/loaded satmate and it hasnt froze since , but havent tried a reboot using menu then dreamelite shutdown and restart as i dont want it locking up again .
also whilst im on here , the channel list ive got on was loaded by a friend and its his list , but without itv2hd so i manually scanned the tp and it found itv2hd , so i pressed ok but dm500hd hasnt stored it why is this or am i doing something wrong . thanks

D

deleted

your box will go back to bouquet you have to press green button for sats then goto 28.2 e

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
yes whilst im on 28e , i press menu/set up / service searching / manual scan/then put freq and polarity etc in / press ok to start scan . it finds itv2hd . then i press ok but when i go back to channel list , its not there . why is this or where is it ? thanks
sorry its there now thanks for your help

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I have been using DreamElite 1.0 since I got my 500HD and it has ben absolutely stable. It provides all the functionality that I need and I have not 'updated' to the newer image. It seems that there are problems with OE1.6 and this will manifest in all newer images. Some images are far behind on the CVS and will not yet show the problems - it does not mean they are better, just that they are slower to update to the latest versions from the CVS. However, DreamElite is now an image of the past as they have closed their website and 'might be back'. If I desperately need a new image, I will install OpenPli (which I have on my 7025 and 600, as I can build and update that myself and will no be dependent on other teams. There is a simple wiki on how to set up a build environemnt for OpenPli on the OpenPli website. Note that these builds use the latest from all respositories.

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
is the epg good ( not now and next) on dreamelite 1.0 and will box not lock up like it did on dreamelite 1.3.3 ? ive got gemini 5.1 on at the moment but epg is only now and next . would like dreamelite epg but cant have box keep freezing , please help

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
@davemadden:
Go to rytec.be and install the Rytec EPG. It is comprehensive for many satellites and can be installed on any image. DE 1.0 is stable and provides a good EPG, but the plugins are no longer available, so it will be a problem to install now. I suggest moving to OpenPli; it has Rytec's EPG available as a remore control (AddOn) download. The skin is boring, but it works well ( I don't have it on my 500HD but it works well on 600, 7025 and 800).

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
is the image i want available on this site ? thanks