DM500s Help, problems moving motor

Sumpucker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
My Location
Ayrshire, Scotland
Ok had an Eagle image on my DM500s but it went into a boot loop and I couldn't do anything. Just re-flashed with Gemini 4.5 image. Flashed ok and reset box. After running thru the setup to the Disqec part I chose gotoxx function and then automatic transponder scan but I've just read that this won't work. I had Thor 1w selected. Box finished scan and then it seems to have froze. So I pulled the plug and rebooted. Decided to unselect the goto function and managed to get into the motor config option BUT I can't select the satellite as it starts scanning as soon as I enter the setup page, it's currently stuck on 19.2E. Have I went wrong somewhere? If not what's up and why can't I do manual scans for satellites?

TIA

Sump

Sumpucker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
My Location
Ayrshire, Scotland
Ok update. Checked all my cables at the receiver and also on the dish motor. Noticed that I had no green light on the motor so thought it was broken. I plugged in my old TM 1500CI+ and I moved the dish from 1W to 28.2E using the onscreen display. Moved manually using USALS so my motor is ok. Plugged the Dreambox back in and I'm still not able to setup the motor config, it just freezes when the page appears. I did a factory reset of the Dreambox but still no joy. I'm about to take it to my brothers as he has a DM500s as well just to check that it works.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Many clone 500s are know to have problems with driving motors due poor quality power supplies.

Sumpucker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
My Location
Ayrshire, Scotland
It's an original Dreambox 500s not a clone. Anyway I discovered the problem, the wife had covered up the original power supply and I thought I was using that when in fact I was using a totally different one that was next to it but as you said there wasn't enough power to get the Dreambox to work properly.

com975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Canal digital 1w and viasat 5e. 1w/5e/5w dreambox DM500s
My Location
Denmark
Well great to hear that you fixed it your self

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sumpucker said:
It's an original Dreambox 500s not a clone. Anyway I discovered the problem, the wife had covered up the original power supply and I thought I was using that when in fact I was using a totally different one that was next to it but as you said there wasn't enough power to get the Dreambox to work properly.

:-rofl2

Glad to hear you have sorted it. :)

com975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Canal digital 1w and viasat 5e. 1w/5e/5w dreambox DM500s
My Location
Denmark
Analoguesat said:
:-rofl2

Glad to hear you have sorted it. :)

That wasnet nesscary