Dm500s Wire/satellite Probelm.

Cian McCann

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500s, Windows 7
My Location
Ireland
Hi, I brought my first DM500s today, I spent the last month researching and I thought I knew exactly what I needed to do but instead I have a problem. I cannott get the coxal cable to fit into the LNB input or output at the back of the box. I literally had a working sky box which I removed, in the back of that I had 2 antenna cables (1 for my areal and another from the sky dish) and neither of them will fit because they are to big. I was thinking i could remove the head of the cables which would just leave the wire and insert that but it doesnt seem right. They both look like this:
28-cable-2.jpg
and the middle part of each is to big for the small holes in the dreambox.
The weirdest part is tho even tho my Dreambox even says DM500s on the front, the 2 connections on the back for the wires are labeled "Ant" for antenna input and output, this is how a DM500-C/T should be labeled for cable, and a DM500s should be labeled as LNB for satellite. Its almost like i have a DM500s made for cable.
Thought this was interesting but maybe im just making a stupid mistake, any advice welcome.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Those connections look like Coax connections when you should be using F Connectors, that screw on:
f-connector.jpg
Can you please post some images, of the rear of your satellite receiver.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ANT connections are for tv aerial loopthrough. You want the cables from the dish with the screw connectors on the end.

Cian McCann

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500s, Windows 7
My Location
Ireland
Thanks for the replies, There is a picture of the back of the box like i was talking about. The belling lee cable from my sky dish wont fit in. If i got a screw on f connector i could cut the head off my wire and attach the f connector but would that fit back into my sky box and the dream box? Could some confirm that the back of my dreambox needs an f connector aswell thanks..

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Your Sky dish should already have a F Connector on it, if it hasn't then I can't see it being the correct cable, from the dish. Try following the cable, from your dish, to your Sky box.
Can you please post some information, regarding your sky receiver, make/model.
Does your DM 500s look like this?
DM-500s.jpg

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Edit: never mind, too slow at replying!!