DM800 HD completely dead

frank087234

Reaction score
I was trying to search channels on DM800 (GP image with ferrari SIM), when it finished I was flecking thru channels, then the device sudden shut down. No lights whatsoever , complete dead, I unplugged . replugged the lead, nothing, I changed power adapter, nothing, not even ether net lights. Any i idea what went wrong??? it is relatively:( new

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Does the optical light come on? You might need to remove the cover. If not, it could be a poor solder joint between the power connector socket and the motherboard.

Either way, if it's new, get it replaced by your vendor.

frank087234

Reaction score
No Light at all even when I opened the cover , unfortunately I bought it abroad!! not practical to return to vender., Could it be mother board or tuner???

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
If you have a multi-meter, try following the tracks from the power connector at the back. If you get no power further down the tracks anywhere, this would suggest a dry joint. Otherwise.....

Also, make sure your power supply is at least 3A rated - anything below that will struggle to power the unit. Although it should still give you signs of life.