DM800 Issues with booting

dqlq12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 Gemini V3.80
My Location
CH
My DM800 (DVB-S) was working perfectly until one day I got a message "Tune Failed". I then tried to reboot the box with no success...

I then modified it to a DVB-C (moved places) and when trying to boot I get the "Dream Multimedia" message on the OLED for a few seconds, and suddenly it disappears and the box makes a "humming" noise. Initially I though this noise could come from the harddisk so I removed it, but the noise continues.

I managed to get it going (by plugging & unplugging the power cord), but after a few minutes the box froze; back to plugging & unplugging with no success so far.

I've also noticed that the light in the external power supply dims once I plug in the box...

Again I've been trying to get it going, but all I get is the faint "Dream Multimedia" message on the OLED for a few seconds, followed by "a dark display and the humming noise of the box...

Any ideas how I could solve this??? Could this be a power issue???

Thanks for your help!

smiffie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD 500Gb X 2, Dreambox 500S X 2, VBox 2, Jaeger 99G H to H 36v, Inverto SilverTech Quad LNB 0.2dB, 95cm Maxx Digital Mesh Dish 42E-45W, Technomate TM 2600 H to H Diseqc, Inverto Ultra black LNB 0.2dB , 85cm Transparent Dish 42E-1W.
My Location
North West England, UK
Initial thoughts are of a duff power supply, we've a history of these problems on all types of Dreamboxes. Also the tuner may be loose, with a bad connection causing the supply to sit down. I notice my tuner seems a bit rattly.