dm800hd help ,is it dead?

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
yea thats what i was thinking the problem could be , hope that electrician can "repair" dreamboxes , and i hope that he want say "i've never seen a box like this" cant touch it lol

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
hi the only thing i can offer on this is to flash it via rs232, if that fails try to jtag it!

it is possible that the box has crashed when you unplugged it if you didnt put it into deep standby before you powered down!

unlikely i know, but i had a power cut a while ago and it screwed up my 5620 and i had to flash it...

think my box must have been writing to the ram inside it when power went, thus turning it back on it didnt see what it expected and hung!

its worth a try before it gets condemed:)

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
well if i could fix that in a simple step that flashing via rs232 i woudnt be posting here , :D , i tried that already , dreambox doesnt response.
I could try jtaging it , but are you sure that is possible ?

Hugo Scarface

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800s HD PVR
My Location
Denmark
I have the same problem with my DM800 Clone.

I installed a new Gemini 4.6 image patched/provided by the shop I bought the box from. It worked excactly 7 or 14 days (i'm not quite sure, but i know it was the same day, only one or two weeks later).

It just suddenly died when i was watching a movie. It wasn't to warm or anything. Tried with a different PSU from an external harddrive (also 12V 3A), but nothing.

The fan i spinning, the display shows nothing (nor when press an hold the powerbutton as I connect the power).

I have tried different versions of DreamUp, but it just keeps showing the message "Connection prepared" message telling me to connect my Dreambox. So it can't see what type of DM it is.

I'm am considering the box as bricked.
Is it at all possible to JTAG the DM800s HD or get it working in any way?

Off course the shop I bought it from won't answer my e-mail, unless i write to from another e-mail that i want to buy a box. Then he answers me almost instantly.
How and where is the best place to warn others about buying from him?

If I have learned one thing, its BUY ORIGINAL!

viganothing

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Austria
anyone found a solution to this problem ?

boyet05

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
orbitron 2.6m PF mesh
eurostar 1.5m offset metal
prodelin 1.8m offset fiber
direct pc 90cm offset metal
My Location
Q.C., phil
try the board circuit inside your box & look for broken diode near the power plug.

_http://i51.tinypic.com/2n7h8oh.jpg

admin message, please upload your images, as per the forum rules and guidelines.