Does anyone know what dish this is???

djsimo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800, Gibertini 1m dish with 0.2db LNB,OpenMedia 500 cs (dk Image),Skystar 2 DVB card+ProgDVB-S2EMUv1.28.1+VPlug
My Location
Kettering, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Spotted it today while out and about, the lnb appears to be at the back of the dish???

Attachments

• 16022009127.jpg
    16022009127.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 297

charly20

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Belgium

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nope, looks like a dish of some sort, that definitely looks like an LNB at the back. What does it say on the bracket, can't quite read it.

djsimo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800, Gibertini 1m dish with 0.2db LNB,OpenMedia 500 cs (dk Image),Skystar 2 DVB card+ProgDVB-S2EMUv1.28.1+VPlug
My Location
rolfw said:
Nope, looks like a dish of some sort, that definitely looks like an LNB at the back. What does it say on the bracket, can't quite read it.

Couldnt quite see the name & i didnt want to walk on to their garden to find out, definately a dish the front of it is solid white and what looks like the back of an LNB sticking out the back. Judging from the position it is mounted, it is somewhere between 28 & 10o East.:confused

casser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sugar antennas:)
My Location
Ilhéu das Formigas - Azores
djsimo said:
Spotted it today while out and about, the lnb appears to be at the back of the dish???

Conical horn / Lens...something like/between that:confused

It´s pretty similiar to point to point GSM antennas in 16Ghz.

umut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2,4 meter Parabol,
Echostar AD 3000IP,
My Location
turkey
Looks like GSM or outdoor WIFI antenna.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
This does not looks like GSM relay antenna - too long for it. check codan.com or similar for such equipment, while looks alike, design is different.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Branded Revox back in the mid-nineties it is a horn antenna with a perspex lens to focus microwaves to the back of the conical structure.

I installed a few as they were exempt from planning (not dishes), but I was always suspicious of the mounting bracket as the thing weighs about 15 kgs. Not nice if it falls on somebody.

djsimo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Branded Revox back in the mid-nineties it is a horn antenna with a perspex lens to focus microwaves to the back of the conical structure.

I installed a few as they were exempt from planning (not dishes), but I was always suspicious of the mounting bracket as the thing weighs about 15 kgs. Not nice if it falls on somebody.

Thank you, googled it and seems it is a Revox, also seems it suffers from interference from adjoining sats but no probs for sly UK.

wonder if its owner knows how rare it is.... ££££ :-rofl2