does pentavision ci work with irdeto ?

ayaz

Reaction score
Hi !

i am trying to receive irdeto channels using season interface but no success. the cam works well and everything is ok but the picture is still not decoded. i think the problem lies in the card software. same is the case with some of the seca channels. i think i made a mistake buying a pentavision card. it has several problems. until now no stable driver compatible with seca/ irdeto has been developed by pentamedia. they are very slow in giving updated drivers.
i shall be very thankful if someone help me in receivein(irdeto) nova via this card. ican receive only nova from hotbird via wide beam.

regards

Ayaz

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
Hi, Ayaz.

I dont know ho to use season interface, but using programmed card for seca, I cannot get any PPv channels such as Palco, Kiosque, Premiere World or Taquilla. There was a time before January when Taquilla X & XX worked using a hexfile from the net but no file works now. -

D u also get this problem? What channels dobnt work with irdeto for u? (why do u want to receive Nova in another beam if u can receive it?)

For the record I have Aston 1.03 and Irdeto SE Allcam using 1M dish. Using Keymaster Programmer (also called Millenium)

Later
Asim

ayaz

Reaction score
Hi !

i just managed to receive irdeto channels with the old drivers ver: 2.3/2.4 with irdeto mindport 1.06 but the aston 1.03 stopped working with 2.3 and decodes only cyfra+ with 2.4 while drivers 2.5/ 2.6/2.7 doesn't work with irdeto and with seca only partially as i can't decode absat with any driver. if you found any solution, please inform me.

regards

Ayaz (pakitan)

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
If you want Absat on 19E, then use any seca file (from Satdudez). I found a Taquilla file that works finally, it on Satdudez- use the Postic Crew file

I havent tried Absat on 13E Eutelsat (Hotbird) - Still no luck On Kiosque or Palco. With Irdeto allcam Se, i always get Nova (Filmnet etc) with the new codes - use the STRSH files on Satdudez page or Sathack Ro (his page keeps on getting shut down)-Currently, http://ub3.homepagetools.com/sathack_ro/UltraBoard.pl

Satdudez: http://satdudez.modshack.co.uk/

I too am from Pakistan, but live in London UK

Later Ayaz

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I have never had a problem with pentamedia card as regards watching the majority of seca channels except for the taquillas which are a bit stubborn but in the end i always manage to sort the problem out. This is not a pentamedia hardware problem merely a software issue which can always be fixed eventually.
I have not tried the irdeto channels though as i have presently got a seca cam 1.03. I have never had palco work yet except for 5 mins a few months back, These channels perhaps being simulcrypt? may be easier to open using an irdeto cam?
would this make any difference?
why do the palcos never give?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There's been a new release of driver for the PentaVision CI, version 2.9, I've now downloaded and installed it and the card is more stable. Plus it seems to work far better in the multi language mode.

Rolf

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
Thanks Rolf. This is brilliant! - For the first time, I can view Ki*sque and T*quilla

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Glad to hear it Aseman, it also now has a nice signal strength and quality meter, if you right click on the screen and select Tuner Information you'll see it.

Rolf

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
Thanx again Rolf, but I have another problem.....
On "Alice" 19E or other channels on 13E (Such as the Ultra-Blue(The freeview time)), I get a very low frame rate - like 1 frame per second. I know my card isnt faulty, as it is my third one, I have changed the cable (I am only 5m from dish), I have tried another LNB. For Alice, the signal strength is 50% and the noise is also about 50%. Can u recommend anything?

Thanks in advance

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well Aseman, the strength and noise seem to be fine, there are still a few glitches with the software and I find that switching on and off can sometimes do the trick. I don't think I've tried the Alice channel, and i don't have a dish on Hotbird at the moment, but I'll check later when I'm not using the card for internet.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Tried "Alice" this morning and got the same as you, also on Liberty and liberty.com, the other channels in the bouquet seem ok though. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has a standard receiver and see what they get, it's almost as if it is a streamed broadcast.

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I have a couple of channels on various satellites and transponders that show a group of channels with no problems but then have one or 2 channels on the same transponder that are jerky and have broken picture quality although the sound is always fine. I would have thought that the transponder itself was set at an exact frequency (or whatever it is :) and that if one channel was to work fine then they all would, but obviously not. 2old mentioned ages back last year to me that as i recall it had something to do with signal strength? cant quite recall.
But i have a 0.5db LMB and i would have thought that this was sufficient although saying that i understand that you can have an lmb say its 5 db but could actually be working better or worse than that. The lower db being better ofcourse for noise reduction.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi S*T*A*R*M*A*N,

You didn't say whether you could receive the Alice channel properly, I'd be interested to know. I don't see how it could be a signal strength issue, as the whole bouquet is modulated sent in one package and demodulated at the other end, so providing there is enough signal quality to receive one, they should all be similar in performance. I'm wondering whether they are in a slightly different format, perhaps 2old may have some info on this.

Rolf

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
Just for the record - i have 1m Channel Master Dish with 0.7dB Grundig twin LNB - In LOndon UK

1 Final point, Pentamedia have no plans to make a PCI CI card for the Pentavision. This might be a worry for people upgrading to Pentium-4, as the motherboards only cater for PCI cards. Pentamedia Uk confirmed this, but insist that the ISA card does not need power; it can be slotted into a 5 1/4" bay if the ribbon cables are extended. Has any1 tried this?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That's interesting about the CI card Aseman, I'm thinking of upgrading to P4 in coming months and will have to bear that in mind. Having said that, I will probably in the longer term go for a standalone receiver and just use the Penta for internet. Having the card slot at the front would be a positive improvement.

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Hi, Yes i have no problem receiving the alice channel on any driver for the pentamedia but i am having problems downloading the new driver from their site presently. It starts to download then freezes and hangs at about 300kb while downloading from my broadband service. I tried it at a friends house using his normal bt modem 56k and the same thing happens. They do mention parts of the site are being re-constructed.Anyone possibly email it to me?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
S*T*A*R*M*A*N

Just mailed it to you, 1.2MB Zip file, sent it to the non-cable address.

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Hi Rolf :)
sorry it aint at my hotmail account :(
im assuming there aint a limit on the email download attatchment at hotmail? Maybe it takes a while to appear?
Is it working on the kiosks or palco for you? unlike the other drivers?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't got the hotmail address, it's the Xstream address. I'll send the next one to the cable address.

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
hi rolf :)
starmanuk50@hotmail.com
still no driver been received.