Does Skystar 2 really not support 4 LNB???

S

Siddan

this was the main thing why i bought this card, even 2 of them and now recently I have heard that you cant use more than 1 LNBs? talk about long lost hours of trying grrrrr

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It supports 4 LNB's via diseqc 1.1, and a motor with the unofficial diseqc 1.2 plugin.

S

Siddan

hmm, you are saying I have to use a motor to be able to see 4 different satellites, and having 4 headers already on the dish won´t do much at all?

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No, I'm saying that it can switch between 4 distinct LNB's, regardless of whether they are on the same dish or not. I am ALSO saying that INSTEAD of doing that, it can drive a motor. Either/or.

STICK :D

S

Siddan

ok great... so all I need is to find this 1.1 DisecQ plugin, (not 1.2) and then I can use all the 4 LNBs to scan each satellite? But how will I see once the plugin is working.... cus I can already now select "1.1 or 1.2 DisecQ" with DVBprog

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The Skystar2 card already supports diseqc 1.1 out of the box, and will do the switching for your 4 LNB's without any further plugins.

You only need the diseqc 1.2 plugin if you have a motor.

STICK

S

Siddan

ok, thanks. that sounds good, and also what I hoped for.

but I still cannot configure it properly to scan all the satellites... I can only find Astra channels. So is there something I need to manually do in the software so it it understands I want to scan on those other LNBs...

I have treid so many different alternatives and searched on the web but cannot find any help regarding this matter

still using DVBprog and also DVBdream but with the Dream I cannot get any picture