Does this look good or not?

batistawhc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, Sky HD Multi, Dreambox DM800, Technomate HD6800. Motorised Fracarro Penta 85, Moteck SG2100 Motor. Freeview. Windows Vista and Windows 7 dual boot
My Location
Edinburgh
Ive included a jpg of all the sats i can locate, and how many channels i get on each sat.

I cant get any others. I have a building blocking me from getting further than 8w and it doesnt allow me access till after 80w but that is off the scale here - and while its open and clear to see, i cant get past 45w i assume as the sats out there require larger than 1m

Can anybody tell me if this is good or not for me? I have had that much trouble with my system, that i have finally got it fixed but dont know if i still have an issue or not but so far things are looking great (except when trying to tune in to sats such as 26e which just wont let me in atall!

Attachments

• sats.jpg
    sats.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 77

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I've got the same motor/dish setup as you do and that looks about right to me.

26e is a hard one to pick up, although I can get a lock on it and tune in a few channels.

All I can pick up there is stuff on the FSS beam _http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/badr4_fss.html

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
batistawhc said:
Ive included a jpg of all the sats i can locate, and how many channels i get on each sat.

I cant get any others. I have a building blocking me from getting further than 8w and it doesnt allow me access till after 80w but that is off the scale here - and while its open and clear to see, i cant get past 45w i assume as the sats out there require larger than 1m

Can anybody tell me if this is good or not for me? I have had that much trouble with my system, that i have finally got it fixed but dont know if i still have an issue or not but so far things are looking great (except when trying to tune in to sats such as 26e which just wont let me in atall!

As Compufunk says you should be able to pick up Badr 4 @ 26E. It can be difficult to get due to the high powered sats either side of it. Try adjusting the position to 25.8E and aim for 12182 H 16200 3/4 (this is the strongest signal for me on this sat). You should also be able to pick up Turksat 1C @ 31.0E (west beam only). Another sat to aim for is W6 @ 21.6E - not a lot on it though.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I had a look while I was home earlier. It turns out I'm picking up more than I thought from 26E. I'm getting some TPs from BSS too.

Have a look at the attached file for a full list of what I'm picking up with the Penta 85.

Your location would put you in a similar reception area as me for most beams.

Attachments

• Export Services.zip
    341.2 KB · Views: 52

batistawhc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, Sky HD Multi, Dreambox DM800, Technomate HD6800. Motorised Fracarro Penta 85, Moteck SG2100 Motor. Freeview. Windows Vista and Windows 7 dual boot
My Location
Edinburgh
last few days ive tried to get BADR but still getting nothing from it. I have a DM800 - any other advice to what i should do to receive it?

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
batistawhc said:
last few days ive tried to get BADR but still getting nothing from it. I have a DM800 - any other advice to what i should do to receive it?

It's possible that your elevation is out slightly. This wouldn't have any noticable effect on the high powered sats you are picking up but could be enough to prevent reception of marginal stuff like Badr4.