Dr Who, the last Episodes.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They were great, the two part Dalek/Cybemen finale was a cracker. Shame to say goodbye to Rose, but the longer storyline was a great success in my opinion.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
They certainly managed to keep the return of the daleks quiet :D Missed the first part, but the second was excellent.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Only caught the second episode repeated two nights ago on BBC3. I did think that if the Doctor could reach Rose using the power of a supernova once, it could happen again.

Additionally the episode with the clockwork aliens and the French woman, minus kudos points for a time Lord that forgets the difference of shifts in the two event lines.

Still the series does look as though its got back on its feet.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
I beg to differ. It's complete trash.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
May be spinney, but at least it's entertaining trash.

Also who is taking over from Rose ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would guess the girl in the wedding dress, but we'll have to wait until autumn to find out. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Loved it. Only one duff episode this series, and that was the one I missed :confused (apparently)!

I knew about the Cybermen/Dalek/Rose 'death' ending soon after the series started?!

My brother told me, so it must have been in the Sun :-doh!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Rob said:
May be spinney, but at least it's entertaining trash.

Also who is taking over from Rose ?

Spoiler as to who the new companion is. DO NOT highlight the box if you dont want to know!

The new companion is Freema Agyeman

BBC press release here

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
If you don't want to know , don't look at the picture.:-rofl2

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I am sorry to go against the grain here, but I never got into the new Dr Who series. I was brought up on Tom Baker, and this new series paid no reflection on to the Dr Who I recall.

No cliffhangers really. I loved the four and six part stories. And no sexual undertones. When that comedian Peter Kaye came in it, wasn't there some reference to w***ing or something - something sexual.

And I didn't like the Dr's implied sexual attraction toward his assistant, and vice versa. The old Dr wasn't like that: he was avuncular, not vulgar.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but a Dr is a doctor. Does your local GP flirt with you and kiss ya?!:D If mine was an attractive woman, I wouldn't complain, but my GP is a bloke, 54, bald and fat! :-rofl2

Anyway, that's wot I fink. ;)