Dragon Cam 3.1 Advice

jonboyuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TechnoTrend: S2-3650 CI and my S*y dish
My Location
Bristol, UK
Dear all,

A friend of mine has offered to sell me Dragon Cam 3.1, Infinity USB Phoenix Programmer and 3 Loader cards for £50.00.

I've only just started with all this Sat business and got a TechnoTrend 3650CI which works fine on Astra 28.2 (ie S*y). I can get all the free to view channels.

I want to start dabbling more with all this CAM/CI business but I'm not sure if the Dragon Cam 3.1 will do what I want? Ie use the Sky card so I can see all the channles I pay for. Or if I want to start redirecting the dish I will want to pick up other encrypted stuff.

Is the T-Rex 4.6 far far superior to the Dragon CAM 3.1 or can it all be upgraded?

Do I need a to buy a CAM programmer also?

So much stuff to buy and understand!!!

Help :) Thanks, Jon

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
I would buy a diablo cam and a cas3+ programmer.Both are available for around £50 each.You should then point your dish at astra 19 east.Then when you have put the latest keys and stealth2.32 into your diablo this will give you access to the German Premier package which includes premiership football,latest movies and adult films.Alternatively you cuold buy a cheap stb that could be patched.That would be the cheaperoption at about £60-£70.Hope this helps.

jonboyuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bristol, UK
Many thanks Colin.

Thing is - I have just bought a DVB-S2 usb box for my PC with the CI thing on it.

I presume I can't use this to reprogram cams? I'd still need to buy the CAS3? I guess what you're saying is this offer from my friend is pointless?

Would I need to buy some...fun cards or gold cards or whatever they are?! :)

Thanks

Jon

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
No probs mate.It's up to you but the diablo has the most support atm.It doesn't need any card as the files are put straight into the cam via the cas3.Do a forum search for diablo and you should find info regarding all the ins and outs.Mickha is probably the best at helping people like yourself.Check his posts.Cheers.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Currently the Dragon Cam and the Diablo are opening the same channels.
The Infinity/Phoenix is a good programmer but a little old now, and to be used properly requires a Com port on your computer/laptop, as it connects using both a USB cable and a Serial cable, the serial cable is to program in Phoenix mode.
Most new computers/laptops no longer have a Com port so you might need to buy a PCI card com port, or if lucky a USB to Serial adapter would work.
Providing the Dragon cam contains the latest Predator 364 firmware you can use it now to open the following packages, Premiere, 19.2E, TPS and Polsat, 13E and Digi TV, 1W.
It might be worth trying it before buying, but it isn't a bad deal as you can always sell the 3 loader cards and Infinity/Phoenix programmer for almost what you paid out and then buy a Cas 3+, and keep the Dragon Cam.
If the 3 cards are Dragon Loader cards they are £10 each to buy new.

jonboyuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bristol, UK
Thank you very much!! So then, I will buy a Diabolo and CAS 3. Is the Diabolo light okay, or is that short of some important features?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
The Diablo light is the standard version of the cam, like the Dragon Cam.
If you go to diablocam.com there is a manual you can download that gives full details of the wireless version of the cam.
As I have said, both the Dragon and the Diablo currently open the same packages, the Diablo has recently had better support but the Dragon is quicker at opening channels, when channel surfing.
I have both cams and currently I'm using the Dragon more, but things change very quickly, in this hobby, and in a few days I might be using the Diablo more.

jasonx2007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace ds810xe /manhatten st-200 /tecnomate 1500+ super /65cm traix dish on a satcatcher motor /1 x trex twin cam 1x dragon twin cam duolabs cas3 programmer and diablo cam light
My Location
hull city/uk
i found with the t-rex and dragon cams are that
the drango you have to update more then the diablo cam
but as he said the dragon is faster
get a cas 3 there great easy loads off sites for software for cams

jonboyuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bristol, UK
I see. How much quicker are we talking? Milli-seconds or actual seconds? :)

When I've used the cas3 programmer do I then take the CAM out and put it into my TechnoTrend S2-3650-CI?

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
Yes mate but if/when you get cas3 be very careful when inserting the cam as I have damaged 2 in the last year.The pins that mate up are very flimsy and very difficult to repair if not impossible.As for speed of change not much to worry about.As quoted best to go for diablo imho.

jonboyuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bristol, UK
Blimey!!! You've had to buy 3 cas3's in total Colin?

Are they really worth the expense?

Also is the Trex & Dragon the same thing? I am going to go and get one of them...but the diablo is around £50, dragon, £70 and Trex around £90. Why is there such a variety in price? Instinct always tells me you get what you pay for!!

malkyaston56

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dragon cam x2
echostar
My Location
preston uk
hi i have a dragon can and would like to up date my cam with the latest 3.65 . i also have a dynamite card reader for my dragon card where do i get the 3.65 firmware for it
thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West