Dragon Cam 4.1 Should i get one

trashmanlfc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised dish not sure of decoder type has an x cam and i have sky tc
My Location
wigan, united kingdom
i am thinking about buying a dragon cam i currently have an x-cam which i update using my pmcia slot on a laptop i am fairly new to the world of satellite and would appreciate some help. are dragon cams any good are they better then my x-cam. i have seen a dragon 4.1 cam on ebay with an a-card 9, loader card and dynamite programmer is this the kind of thing i should look for can i continue to use my laptop to upgrade a dragon cam how do you upgrade a dragon cam, any help which could be offered would be gratefully received

jpmm

Reaction score

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
I don't know about the dragon being the best cam at the moment, but I am very happy with mine. Apart from its excellent support for official canaldigitaal and sky cards it also opens up tps and others. I use an infinity USB pheonix to program mine. You could certainly do worse thing with your money, the dragon rocks.
:-rock

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
Just like to add to this.
XCam is getting about the same as Dragon at the moment.
I programme my Dragon via loader card & Mastera progger (bit old, but so am I :))
The reason for this post is basically just to save you a few bob. If your X Cam is clearing things, (and support seems good for it) why change?
cjgall says *I don't know about the dragon being the best cam at the moment*, and, let's face it, everyone has their own opinions.
Personally, I think it is, though I'd be tempted to keep your X Cam for the moment or at least until support dries up..:cool: