Dragon Cam (Basic Questions)

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
Dear Dragon Cam Experts

Question 1) How long in mins on average does it take to program the loader card with a .dra file of the predator firmware once you hit the (write) button

Question 2) How long does it take in mins on average for the cam to be updated in the stb?

Question 3) What is the frequency of new Predator .dra files coming out.

Question 4) Is it dangerous to hit ( Refresh ) to see the percentage done which the dragon module is being updated in the stb

Shahid

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
What's the best way to update a Dragon CAM? ATM I'm entering keys in the STB's CI menu but want to be able to load software on to it (for obvious reasons!)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You should have received a loader card with the CAM.

For programming the card you can use a simple pic programmer on 6MHz setting, and the Dragonloader software from the site.

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
Mine didn't come with a loader card, just the viewing card for those two adult channels.

I've never programmed a card before, I've just used softcams with SkyStar1/2 and used an RS232 cable with Fortec set-top-boxes.

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
Shahid said:
Dear Dragon Cam Experts

Question 1) How long in mins on average does it take to program the loader card with a .dra file of the predator firmware once you hit the (write) button
2 minutes on USB Infinity Unlimited

Question 2) How long does it take in mins on average for the cam to be updated in the stb?
5 to load onto CAM and then 5 when you start the box for the first time as the firmware transfers. This fooled me for a while :-doh!

Question 3) What is the frequency of new Predator .dra files coming out.
With k*y updates - 2-3 times a week at the mo'. Monthly or so for .dot releases

Question 4) Is it dangerous to hit ( Refresh ) to see the percentage done which the dragon module is being updated in the stb
no. But you will soon get bored ;)

Shahid
Re Pl Ie D :)

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
My 2nd dragon cam went on me tonight. :( Loaded it with authentic dragonteam Version. Always check to be on the safe side. Receiver said successfull so removed card, rebooted box but not seeing cam now. Same thing happened last time out. Anyone got any tips other than boil/freeze it or is it dead? Cheers...

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
While looking for a replacement I found someone selling a faulty dragon cam on ebay. Just like myself they stated the cam had been working without fault yet having updated with latest software the cam was no longer recognised by their receiver. They received 5 bids from ebayers with good feedback and it went for £30+ not including p&p. I'm guessing there may be a way to fix the cam but can I find anything? I've tried some dealers but they are only interested in selling new t-rex cams. Please can anyone shed light on this. Thanks...

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi whatpassword,
the bootloader on my Dragon Cam became corrupted and needed to be repaired, I sent it to van hoof, he's very reasonable and does a good job, unfortunately it takes a couple of weeks as he lives in the Netherlands. I'll PM you the details.
Best wishes
Mickha

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
Many thanks Mickha. I'll update here once it's all sorted (fingers crossed).:)

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
Dragon Cams returned today after only 1 week away. Both working ok. Many thanks to Ron Van Hoof & also to Mickha for the heads up.

davidashbyash

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
xp2600 with 52 meg ram
My Location
United Kingdom
after loading my new t rex cam with cas3 it is now blank and when i try to revive it i gat a message usb timed out 3 anyone got any ideas on this and how to fix tryed cas but no answer to email
david

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi davidashbyash,
try Duolabs forum, as they make the Cas 3, and other products, for a solution to your problem. DO NOT try their advice at repairing the Cam by taking it apart and soldering connections to re-flash the Cam, I am unaware of anyone that has got this to work yet and it will void any warrranty on the cam.
If you have a Dragon Loader Card then try updating the firmware with that, if not contact your supplier, as if the cam is that new they should replace or repair it for you.
Best wishes
Mickha