Dragon Cam not working

loftyj

Regular Member
Messages
247
Likes
0
#1
Went on to Toe's and found thread re Dragon Cam not working, There as been a number of members writing in to say Dragon is damaged, the consensus seems to be Predator 2.18 downloaded from different sites is the cause of the dead cards. so be carefull what you download, and from where.
 

paperman

Regular Member
Messages
17
Likes
0
#2
loftyj said:
Went on to Toe's and found thread re Dragon Cam not working, There as been a number of members writing in to say Dragon is damaged, the consensus seems to be Predator 2.18 downloaded from different sites is the cause of the dead cards. so be carefull what you download, and from where.
Hi Loftyj, I purchassed a Dragon/Cam/fun7 Card/Dynamite programmer just before Xmas, and I saw on this Forum that you recemonded using the Predator 2.34 file,which I downloaded successfully on to Card,(I hope,as this is my first attempt at this) I then went trough the process of loading on to receiver, and got message that Dragon ..... loaded successfully, please remove
Card, turn on/off receiver, and I should be there, but when I go back to receiver menu,it says-no smartcard inserted, and not decoding.
I would really like to know what is happening, is the receiver not compatible with the Dragon Cam? My receiver is a Technomate tm 5500 Plus, Appreciate any help, Paperman
 

olgasarse

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
#3
I know it's not much consolation, but I've got a similar set up re: Dragon, Dynamite + fun 7.
I just updated to Predator 2.34(:cool: and it works brillllllll !!!
I've got so many film channels now, I don't know which to watch !
I've got a GBSat 2CI 0 receiver.
I can't update the firmware on it, but the Dragon sure does work on it.
 

takis13

Regular Member
Messages
12
Likes
0
#4
paperman said:
Hi Loftyj, I purchassed a Dragon/Cam/fun7 Card/Dynamite programmer just before Xmas, and I saw on this Forum that you recemonded using the Predator 2.34 file,which I downloaded successfully on to Card,(I hope,as this is my first attempt at this) I then went trough the process of loading on to receiver, and got message that Dragon ..... loaded successfully, please remove
and I should be there, but when I go back to receiver menu,it says-no smartcard inserted, and not decoding.
I would really like to know what is happening, is the receiver not compatible with the Dragon Cam? My receiver is a Technomate tm 5500 Plus, Appreciate any help, Paperman
Paperman, after the cam programming with the dragon loader you are not supposed to keep the card in the cam.Since the cam is programmed you just switch off the receiver,remove loader card, turn on receiver and if everything went ok (which in your case seems it did) you just tune to the desired channel and voila!!!(try m**tiv*ision or t**uilla to see if they work).
Finally your receiver IS COMPATIBLE with dragon cam (check for yourshelf at
http://www.dragonmodule.com/seiten/tested_receivers.htm)

I hope that helps.....
 

paperman

Regular Member
Messages
17
Likes
0
#5
Hi Talkis 13, thanks for your reply, just to pose the problem again, the Cam seems to load perfectely, I turn off receiver, turn on again on a fta chanell, when I go to receiver menu, it says- no Card inserted -not decoding, Ime really frustated with ,its so close, I just dont know what to do,. paperman
 

takis13

Regular Member
Messages
12
Likes
0
#6
paperman said:
Hi Talkis 13, thanks for your reply, just to pose the problem again, the Cam seems to load perfectely, I turn off receiver, turn on again on a fta chanell, when I go to receiver menu, it says- no Card inserted -not decoding, Ime really frustated with ,its so close, I just dont know what to do,. paperman
OK paperman just to be sure that you do everything ok. Here's what you do

1.insert the cam in the lower slot of the decoder (i've read in a thread that this works better)
2. program the card with dragonloader (i assume that you know how)
3. tune in an FTA channel and go to the CI menu of your decoder
4.load card facing upwards (to check status press ok -no auto update supported)
5. you get the message that Dragon has loaded successfully
6. you turn off the receiver (preferably from the main power button -or remove the socket)
7. you remove the card and turn the receiver back on

Now if you go to the same menu you went at step 3 you should get a menu saying predator 2.** (depends on the firmware).
Do you get that menu??
If you don't get the predator menu when you go to the common interface menu of the receiver what do you get on your screen???
If you do then you are ok and set to go.
Just tune to the desired channel and the cam should decrupt it.
Have you tuned to any channels that the dragon decrupts to see if they open now?

You are not supposed to keep the card in the cam since everything is now loaded to the cam.(which means that you remove just the card and not the cam.The cam must remain in the ci slot of your receiver at all times in order to work) Just turn the receiver on after you remove the card and switch to a formerly decoded channel (mu**ivi*sion,*aq*illa e.t.c) and see if they clear now

If what i mention above is nothing new and you have already done it then i really don't know where the problem is.
In any case just give me a feedback and maybe i can help .....
 

paperman

Regular Member
Messages
17
Likes
0
#8
takis13 said:
OK paperman just to be sure that you do everything ok. Here's what you do

1.insert the cam in the lower slot of the decoder (i've read in a thread that this works better)
2. program the card with dragonloader (i assume that you know how)
3. tune in an FTA channel and go to the CI menu of your decoder
4.load card facing upwards (to check status press ok -no auto update supported)
5. you get the message that Dragon has loaded successfully
6. you turn off the receiver (preferably from the main power button -or remove the socket)
7. you remove the card and turn the receiver back on

Now if you go to the same menu you went at step 3 you should get a menu saying predator 2.** (depends on the firmware).
Do you get that menu??
If you don't get the predator menu when you go to the common interface menu of the receiver what do you get on your screen???
If you do then you are ok and set to go.
Just tune to the desired channel and the cam should decrupt it.
Have you tuned to any channels that the dragon decrupts to see if they open now?

You are not supposed to keep the card in the cam since everything is now loaded to the cam.(which means that you remove just the card and not the cam.The cam must remain in the ci slot of your receiver at all times in order to work) Just turn the receiver on after you remove the card and switch to a formerly decoded channel (mu**ivi*sion,*aq*illa e.t.c) and see if they clear now

If what i mention above is nothing new and you have already done it then i really don't know where the problem is.
In any case just give me a feedback and maybe i can help .....
Hi again Talkis, it is great as a beginner, to know that there are guys like
yourself out there, many Thanks, the good news, I did get the Cam working, I
had to turn off/on power a few times on the multivision package and I got in there, but I still have a few problems that I will just list and mabie some-one may be able to help, firstly, the Cam seems very unstable, you may be watching a channel, and it just suddenly goes back to scramble mode, also if one is scrooling trough unscrambled channels, with receiver remote to see what is out there,it is sure to crash,back to scrambled mode, I then have to remove Cam slightly out of receiver,and push back in again,and its back decoding,or else turn receiver off at plug, same result, I dont know if this is normal, I doubt it, what may be the problem there, I came across 4 or 5 French channels,with English lanuage,this evening 30th,and at the moment am watching the film, Jackass, and it is very stable, as long as one does not do too much with the remote, Talkis, what channels, or packages, should I be looking be looking out for,I have a 1 mt dish, twin LNB, to Astra and Hotbird,I also came across Canal+ totaly by accident,also Multivision,which I
think is total French, without a lanuage option, there is also Taquilla,(I think,
where can it be located, thanks again for your reply, I do appreciate it,
e-mail, brendancy*hotmail.com
 

paperman

Regular Member
Messages
17
Likes
0
#9
olgasarse said:
I know it's not much consolation, but I've got a similar set up re: Dragon, Dynamite + fun 7.
I just updated to Predator 2.34(:cool: and it works brillllllll !!!
I've got so many film channels now, I don't know which to watch !
I've got a GBSat 2CI 0 receiver.
I can't update the firmware on it, but the Dragon sure does work on it.
Hi olg......., thanks for your reply, I have made some progresss,in the sense that I got the Cam working, thanks to yourself and a few other replies I received, I went to Multivision,and turned the receiver on/off a few times, and the Cam kicked in, I have come across a few movie channels, I am not sure from what package they are coming,it is French, and there is a lanuage option, at the moment,tthe family are watching Jackass, could you say what package that is, I
have also came across Canal+, if can give me a list of Channels to look out for I would appreciate it.
,my e-mail address is, brendancy *hotmail.com, (it may not be allowed to e-mail,if so sorry)
 

olgasarse

Regular Member
Messages
28
Likes
0
#10
Hi paperman, have you done a transponder scan on your receiver. You say you are only getting a few movie channels, I'm getting at least 10 different movie channels + that's without searching thru my entire list. I'm still new to this myself so don't know which bouquet they are from. A lot of the movies I have are Italian but I can switch the laguage to English. Then there are a few Spanish movie channels (+ 3 decent mature content stations).
If i did a search of all my channels, I'm sure I'd find loads more.
Do a transponder scan on Hotbird + you should find loads of stuff that open up with the Dragon 2.34.
 

takis13

Regular Member
Messages
12
Likes
0
#11
Hi guys and happy new year.
To be honest imho it seems that the channels decrupted by the dragon is also a mystery to me.
It seems that such a list doesn't exist (at least i havent found one).
What u can do is go to king of sat and check the encruption uped by each package and then check if it is supported by the dragon.
Just to save you from the trouble my (small) experience tells me that in hotbird you can get these packages(s*y i*talia,t**quilla,m**tiv*sion,p*lsat,and i think some dutch channels which broadcast english movies N*d,N*t5 (i think they are in the same transponder).

What would be interesting though in my opinion is to start a new thread with the actual list of the channels supported (if it's ok with the moderator).
As a matter of a fact i will start the thread and see how it goes.
Cheers.....
 
Messages
2
Likes
0
#12
Hello everybody and a happy new year!

I need help with my cam: I installed the last Pred*tor firmware (2.34a) on my Dragon using a Dragon loader card; everything was ok, but I observed a few problems: on s*y channels, after about 15 min, the channels are scrambled again and I have to turn off/on the receiver to have them again for another 15 min!!! This problem will come faster (about 4-5 min.) if I change between the channels!!! Another problem is that I don't have sound on the other FTA channels with the programmed Dragon inserted and after a while the menus of my receiver will change very slowly (for example when I change to favorite menu or I browse the channel list, etc). I have a Humax CI8100 (with 2 CI slots). I have also a Matrix cam and I never had any problems with it. Please help me to solve my problem with the Dragon!

Thank you a lot in advance!

Conrad
 

onentity

Regular Member
Messages
19
Likes
0
My Location
London, UK
#13
I also have the Humax CI-8100PVR, I don't seem to have the problem you are mentioning but then again, I stayed on 2.33. I am just about to try 2.34a and will let you know.
Having said that, since I have had the Humax CI-8100PVR I have always had to eitehr switch it off and on, or change channels everynow and then, just not in the frquency you are talking, I have to do it about once a day at the most these days. On other version of the Matix Reloaded, when senders started to change their codes and channels started dissappearing, I used to have to do it in the frequency that you mentioned. I am just a beginner, but my guess is it a combination of the lot. CAM you are using, Version and channel concerned.
One more thing, check out the humax site for a firmware upgrade of you receiver (to NEO 1.5). I haven't done it yet, but I will, it might help I hope. http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/
 

newboy45

Regular Member
Messages
46
Likes
0
My Location
East Midlands
#14
can anybody please explain the debug option in the dragon cam. is this used to unscramble some of the channels that are not unscrambled after the cam is loaded. please please please can anybody help me with this. am i right in assuming that once i load the cam with the predator file and if a particular channel is not unsrambled, i go into the web find a set of **** x 8 for that channel then tune into the particular channel in the receiver go to the debug option pick the appropriate encryption and enter the last three of the * *** in groups of three 8 times and hey presto if the keys are correct the channel should open

thanks
 

paperman

Regular Member
Messages
17
Likes
0
#15
Hi again guys, I again posted a problem in the Cards and Cam, section of the forums, last night, 11/1/05,regarding the Dragon Cam, it is working, I receive quite a few channels, Multiv....n, TPS, Sky Itala, I think that is about it, and the reason I am not sure is that the Cam goes into scrambeled mode (crashes) and especially, if I am scrooling trough channels, to see what channels I have, so it is hard to know what Cam is decoding,and what is going to remain scrambeled, I
get about 10 minutes, in a film or whatever, and....back to scrambled mode, and
sometimes I may get longer, I am tired turning on/off receiver,or reinserting the Cam, it cannot be good ,for either Cam, or receiver, would reprograming the Cam
with a different file help,( Predator 2.34 used) some of you tech guys please help, Thanks for all the help I have already received from this forum.
 
Top