Dragon Cam programming advice please

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
I have a Dragon Cam and Fun7 card that I wish to re-program. I see there are a plethora of programmers available, varying in price from £20 upwards. Is there any difference in the ease of use and availability of assistance? If so which one is recommended, also who is a good supplier? John

gilleroo

Reaction score
My Location
Co Fermanagh N Ireland the most western part of the uk
John T.. as you say there are many programmers avalable. I use AD-Tekniks Pheonix/Smartmouse (orange) which is simple to use, reasonably priced and will cope with both dragon loader card and fun 7 cards.Details are avalable on AD-Tekniks web site as are full instructions, software downloads and banana loader from TJ.Programmer is avalable direct from AD-Tekniks

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
USB Infinity.....blissfully easy to upload the image to the loader card....

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi John T,
it depends how much you want to pay and what you might require in the future, any Infinity programmer, that can use the later software, will program both types of Dragon Loader cards, and can be found reasonably cheaply.
It also depends on your computer, to program in Phoenix mode, older programmers require a dedicated Com port, for a serial cable connection, which some of the newer computers no longer have. A couple of the newer programmers work using just the USB connection but do cost a little more, and if you want to look at combining programming cards, and Cams, you might want to look at the Cas 3.
Best wishes
Mickha